It is currently March 29th, 2024, 3:33 pm

Strange mouse scrolling issue

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Virginityrocks

Strange mouse scrolling issue

Post by Virginityrocks »

I've been noticing this strange mouse scrolling issue for a while now and not sure what's causing it. It wasn't an issue before and is affecting multiple machines. Mouse scroll actions don't seem to register until the cursor leaves the skin and then moves back over it again.
ScrollingIssue_123.rmskin
Here is an rmskin that just has the test INIs. You can see that this is a rainmeter thing. If there is no space between the two configs, scrolling doesn't register until the cursor hovers over the desktop.

If there is a space between the two configs, there is no issue.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Virginityrocks on April 30th, 2018, 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Strange mouse scrolling issue

Post by balala »

Virginityrocks wrote:Mouse scroll actions don't seem to register until the cursor leaves the skin and then moves back over it again.
Not sure, the mouse scroll works perfectly for me, even immediately after a refresh.
Virginityrocks wrote:Also the [Youtube][/Youtube] doesn't work.
The Youtube tags also work:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I think that Youtube link you used is incompatible with their flash widget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiJPxjLPlDw&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiJPxjLPlDw

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Try my suite and see for yourself. :17denial
Last edited by Virginityrocks on April 30th, 2018, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Virginityrocks wrote:Try my suite and see for yourself.
The posted package has 47 skins (.ini files) and 30 MB. Which has to be loaded? Could you be please a bit precise? Describe please what should we load, what should we see and what's going wrong.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

It'd be easier to simply load the RMSKIN as normal, open a toolbar and navigate to a folder that you can scroll in. The suite is designed in such a way that you can't simply load a skin and it will work. Everything leans on each other.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Virginityrocks wrote:It'd be easier to simply load the RMSKIN as normal, open a toolbar and navigate to a folder than you can scroll in. The suite is designed in such a way that you can't simply load a skin and it will work. Everything leans on each other.
A RMSKIN can't be loaded. If you launch it, it installs the skin(s), but it can't be loaded.
On the other hand if I try to load any of the Toolbar1 - Toolbar6 skins, nothing is shown up. Instead I get three time the Formula: Syntax error: (#HighlightSelectedY#+1-0) error message in the log.
So, have no idea what to say right now...
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Did you load it without changing any settings? The first skin to load should be Welcome.ini. If you don't load Welcome.ini, the suite won't load.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Virginityrocks wrote:Did you load it without changing any settings? The first skin to load should be Welcome.ini. If you don't load Welcome.ini, the suite won't load.
Not this is what you've said before:
Virginityrocks wrote:It'd be easier to simply load the RMSKIN as normal, open a toolbar and navigate to a folder that you can scroll in. The suite is designed in such a way that you can't simply load a skin and it will work. Everything leans on each other.
On the other hand, payment? I hope you're kidding.
:17angry But even if I do click to support (step 3), at the last step, the Complete installation button doesn't do anything. :17angry