It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:35 am

Need some help...

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
jsmorley
Developer

Need some help...

Post by jsmorley »

Hey guys,

We are working on something, and we need some information that is hard to get on our machines.

What we are interested in is people who installed Windows with a non-English language out of the box. Not that it was installed in English and changed, but originally and only in some other language.

Then open the RegEdit.exe application, and go to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009

1) Is it there?
2) Double click the "Counter" value on the right, and then copy the value of that key.
3) Paste that into a text file, .zip it up, and attach it to your reply to the post.
1.png
Along with the values from About / Version in Rainmeter on your system:
4.2.0 beta r3036 64-bit (Mar 20 2018)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (build 16299)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\Jeffrey\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\Jeffrey\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

Mostly we are interested in the version and build of your Windows, and what language it was installed with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tjhrulz
Developer

Re: Need some help...

Post by tjhrulz »

Also if someone is on a version of Windows before 10 and wanted to do this that would also be helpful.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Here's mine, hope it helps... :oops:

3.3.0 r2519 64-bit (Jan 3 2016)*
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (build 7601) Service Pack 1
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\home\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\home\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

Language: Italian

* At the moment the latest beta is installed on the Win 10 partition, not used very often, if at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote:Mostly we are interested in the version and build of your Windows, and what language it was installed with.
I have a MSDN subscription and I can spin up a VM of any flavor of Windows you want. I spun up a Russian version to get you something that did not use a Latin alphabet... thank god for Google Translate's ability to translate on the fly with a camera!

Anyway, it's Windows 10 Pro, version 1709, build 16299.15. The perflib text looked like all English to me, but here it is anyway.

If you want something else, let me know. I don't think I can handle Japanese/Chinese/Hebrew/Arabic because all I have is an English keyboard. I can do older versions of Windows too if you need additional feedback.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote:I have a MSDN subscription and I can spin up a VM of any flavor of Windows you want. I spun up a Russian version to get you something that did not use a Latin alphabet... thank god for Google Translate's ability to translate on the fly with a camera!

Anyway, it's Windows 10 Pro, version 1709, build 16299.15. The perflib text looked like all English to me, but here it is anyway.

If you want something else, let me know. I don't think I can handle Japanese/Chinese/Hebrew/Arabic because all I have is an English keyboard. I can do older versions of Windows too if you need additional feedback.
Thanks. Looks like we are getting what we hoped for, in that that 009 key is always created in PerfLib, and that it is both always English, and always has the same "numbers" identifying the basic built-in performance counters. Then there is a key CurrentLanguage, that has the same information translated into the installed language. If that holds true, that is a big step in dealing with a "localization" issue we are chewing on for something we are doing with Performance Monitor information.
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

Hi,

It may not be useful anymore, but just in case :D.

French language.

4.2.0 beta r3027 64-bit (Feb 7 2018)
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (build 15063)
Path: D:\Outils\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\Sephi\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\Sephi\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
Perflib009.zip
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

Since we are now live feel free to test the UsageMonitor plugin (Rainmeter 4.2 beta R3043) on a system where the current language is not english and report back any issues you may have.