It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:06 pm

Basic skins using a ton of battery

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
dylanb

Basic skins using a ton of battery

Post by dylanb »

I started playing around with Rainmeter over the summer. I'm not a programmer but I wanted to try my hand at it. I've made two basic skins, one showing the date and the other a clock. However as soon as I load them they start draining my battery, consistently using around 40% of it total. I kept trying to fix my programs in case I screwed something up but eventually gave up. I recently decided to try again, and once again the same issue. Can anyone help me with this? It's much appreciated.

In case this helps; for the clock I have Update=1 which I take to mean it updates every second. For the date I have UpdateDivider=86400 and Update=1 which I take to mean it updates every 86400 seconds, or once per day.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Basic skins using a ton of battery

Post by eclectic-tech »

Default UPDATE value is 1000 (in milliseconds) which is 1 second...
This will explain it: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/skins/rainmeter-section/#Update

Feel free to ask if you are still not sure about anything... :welcome:
dylanb

Post by dylanb »

Okay, so what you're saying is if I have Update=1 then it's updating every millisecond not every second. That would make sense why so much power is being used. Thank you!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dylanb wrote:Okay, so what you're saying is if I have Update=1 then it's updating every millisecond not every second. That would make sense why so much power is being used. Thank you!
Update=1 isn't a valid value. The lowest Update value is 16. If you set it to a lower value, the skin uses the lowest possible value, Update=16. Details in the second paragraph, here: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/skins/rainmeter-section/#Update