It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:55 am

[Bug (I think)] iTunes rating is not changing

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
JosephB2000

[Bug (I think)] iTunes rating is not changing

Post by JosephB2000 »

Currently my music displaying skin has five dots which convert to stars depending on the rating of the song currently playing. I can easily set the rating of the song from the skin using the [!CommandMeasure MeasurePlayer "SetRating 5"] bang, however my MeasureRating, which contains PlayerType=Rating, isn't updating or changing at all, it is constantly at 0.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's my ineptitude, however, I quickly downloaded the skin CLN to check if it's working, and it has the exact same issue as I have... I haven't even touched rainmeter for years, is there something new or some change that makes my current method not work?
[MeasureRating]
Measure=NowPlaying
PlayerName=[MeasurePlayer]
PlayerType=Rating
IfCondition=MeasureRating = 0
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating1 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating0"][!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating2 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating0"][!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating3 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating0"][!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating4 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating1"][!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating5 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating0"]
IfCondition2=MeasureRating > 0
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating1 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating1"]
IfCondition3=MeasureRating > 1
IfTrueAction3=[!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating2 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating1"]
IfFalseAction3=[!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating2 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating0"]
IfCondition4=MeasureRating > 2
IfTrueAction4=[!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating3 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating1"]
IfFalseAction4=[!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating3 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating0"]
IfCondition5=MeasureRating > 3
IfTrueAction5=[!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating4 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating1"]
IfFalseAction5=[!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating4 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating0"]
IfCondition6=MeasureRating > 4
IfTrueAction6=[!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating5 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating1"]
IfFalseAction6=[!SetOption MusicPlayerOverlayRating5 ImageName "#@#Images\MusicPlayer\Rating0"]
Thank you in advance :great:

EDIT: I am using iTunes v12.7.3
tjhrulz
Developer

Re: [Bug (I think)] iTunes rating is not changing

Post by tjhrulz »

Is this with the beta or the release version?
If you are on the release version try updating to the beta and see if that fixes the issue.
JosephB2000

Post by JosephB2000 »

I'm using 4.2.0 beta r3029 64-bit
Windows 7 Ultimate

Checked my music displayer and the problem is still present...

Edit: I quickly downloaded the Final release v4.1 and the problem insists. I'm looking for more skins that I can use to check if they are working or not, however not that many music skins contain a rating section...
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

JosephB2000 wrote:I'm using 4.2.0 beta r3029 64-bit
Windows 7 Ultimate

Checked my music displayer and the problem is still present...

Edit: I quickly downloaded the Final release v4.1 and the problem insists. I'm looking for more skins that I can use to check if they are working or not, however not that many music skins contain a rating section...
I thought I had this updating every cycle since iTunes removed the push notification but maybe not, ill look into it.
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

Lol just looked into it, I guess for some reason we only checked it on track change before so it was removed with the events. This will be fixed shortly and I will try to get it in in time for the next beta.