It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:53 pm

[Bug] Rainmeter randomly stops working but icons still appear on desktop with some transparency

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [Bug] Rainmeter randomly stops working but icons still appear on desktop with some transparency

Post by jsmorley »

The strongest likelihood is that there is one skin you are running that is "lagging out" Rainmeter due to some flaw in either the skin code or some 3rd-party plugin being used.

What you need to do is unload all the skins you are using, and then add them back in one at a time in a process of elimination until you find the one that is misbehaving.

Then we can take a look at that skin and see if we can spot what it going on.

It is quite unlikely that it has to do with the number of skins you are running. Rainmeter is pretty efficient, and I have seen folks running dozens of skins at once with no issue. I'm sure there is some point you could reach where Rainmeter is working harder than you would like, even to the point of getting laggy and acting strange, But first, that is probably not something you would ever approach unless you just went nuts with skins, and second, there is no "definition" of where that is. It's like asking "how many marbles does it take to fill a jar?". There is no answer to that, unless you know what each marble looks like, and how big the jar is. Could be one marble, could be trillions of marbles...
tg1489

Re: [Bug] Rainmeter randomly stops working but icons still appear on desktop with some transparency

Post by tg1489 »

jsmorley wrote:The strongest likelihood is that there is one skin you are running that is "lagging out" Rainmeter due to some flaw in either the skin code or some 3rd-party plugin being used.

What you need to do is unload all the skins you are using, and then add them back in one at a time in a process of elimination until you find the one that is misbehaving.

Then we can take a look at that skin and see if we can spot what it going on.

It is quite unlikely that it has to do with the number of skins you are running. Rainmeter is pretty efficient, and I have seen folks running dozens of skins at once with no issue. I'm sure there is some point you could reach where Rainmeter is working harder than you would like, even to the point of getting laggy and acting strange, But first, that is probably not something you would ever approach unless you just went nuts with skins, and second, there is no "definition" of where that is. It's like asking "how many marbles does it take to fill a jar?". There is no answer to that, unless you know what each marble looks like, and how big the jar is. Could be one marble, could be trillions of marbles...
Hey thanks for the reply. I found out what one of the issues are which was causing this. I wasn't using this the entire time so im sure there are other programs causing this as well but one of the programs which conflicts with rainmeter is ZSNES emulator. Its only when I put it to full screen mode and it happens.