It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:39 am

[SOLVED] Audio visualizers not working

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
SheepKid12

[SOLVED] Audio visualizers not working

Post by SheepKid12 »

Edit: I figured it out. The issue was the new options to disable your microphone with the windows 10 “spring creators update”. Turns out, disabling microphone access broke visualizes, while turning mic access back on fixed my issue.

Basically the title. I have a device (a cheap RCA windows tablet) with an Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) sound card (that's what device manager tells me), version 604.10154.1010.4947, and none of the audio visualizers work. The log is also spammed with "Failed to initalize audio client." messages.

Other (hopefully useful) information:
Rainmeter version: 4.2
Windows version: Latest insider preview build (fast ring)
Updating drivers breaks sound completely.
Last edited by SheepKid12 on April 9th, 2018, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Bug] Audio visualizers not working

Post by balala »

A while ago Active Colors posted a very good AudioLevel plugin troubleshooter. Take a look especially to the 8th item here: Troubleshooting AudioLevel. I think this applies to you, too.
SheepKid12

Post by SheepKid12 »

From the post you linked:

1. Already latest version of drivers.

2. Nothing worked with the skin.

3. Intel SST Device (WDM) already set to default.

4. Didn't work.

5. Can't change from 16 bit, 48000 Hz. to anything else.

6. Couldn't find any reference to audio devices.

7. Where would I find the device ID? Test skin didn't have any device ID'S either.

8. Tried that also, still nothing.

9. Did this also.

10. Lots of "Failed to initalize audio client." warnings in the log.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

SheepKid12 wrote:...
10. Lots of "Failed to initalize audio client." warnings in the log.
You most likely have an audio enhancement program running at startup that is preventing the audiolevel plugin from creating a separate audio stream.

If it is Nahamic, follow the steps in this post: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=143901#p143901
If it is another program (Sonic, etc.) look at options to disable it at startup and set the output to DirectSound (no wasapi).

As long as you have those programs running, no visualizer will work :uhuh:
SheepKid12

Post by SheepKid12 »

I don’t, but I forgot to mention that I have an option below the exclusive mode options to disable hardware acceleration. Should I disable that option?

Edit: Turning off the option I just mentioned didn’t seem to fix anything.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

SheepKid12 wrote:I don’t, but I forgot to mention that I have an option below the exclusive mode options to disable hardware acceleration. Should I disable that option?

Edit: Turning off the option I just mentioned didn’t seem to fix anything.
Disabling exclusive mode in Windows is needed, but some sound enhancement software ignores this since they need an exclusive stream to operate properly.

Not sure what else to suggest...

Either something has exclusive control of your audio stream causing the error to initialize an audio client for the plugin, or the drivers for your sound are not compatible. A search for that card info produced a few interesting cures for no sound by changing the drivers, but not anything related to your issue... :17flag
SheepKid12

Post by SheepKid12 »

I had a post here saying what I thought was the solution, but I’m probably wrong. I give up. :17flag
sajalkmitra

Re: [SOLVED] Audio visualizers not working

Post by sajalkmitra »

SheepKid12 wrote: February 24th, 2018, 12:26 am Edit: I figured it out. The issue was the new options to disable your microphone with the windows 10 “spring creators update”. Turns out, disabling microphone access broke visualizes, while turning mic access back on fixed my issue.

Basically the title. I have a device (a cheap RCA windows tablet) with an Intel SST Audio Device (WDM) sound card (that's what device manager tells me), version 604.10154.1010.4947, and none of the audio visualizers work. The log is also spammed with "Failed to initalize audio client." messages.

Other (hopefully useful) information:
Rainmeter version: 4.2
Windows version: Latest insider preview build (fast ring)
Updating drivers breaks sound completely.
Hello, can you tell me where the option to disable microphone access is? I am facing the same problem. Thanks!