It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:52 pm

Player crashing rainmeter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
rsmit212

Player crashing rainmeter

Post by rsmit212 »

I have a problem with rainmeter crashing when I display the player (in both Glasses and Enigma skins) and I am playing a podcast whose name starts with a '#'. If I stopped playing and closed iTunes, rainmeter started fine. If I play any other podcast, rainmeter is fine. The moment that podcast comes on, boom. Seems very specific to the first character. The full name of the podcast is "#49: First Day Back" if that helps. Also, "Halfway to St. Patrick's Day Celtic Music #325" and "The Long Arm: MP3/WAV" both work fine as well.
rsmit212

Re: Player crashing rainmeter

Post by rsmit212 »

4.1.0 r2989 64-bit (Nov 6 2017)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (build 14393)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\rsmith\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\rsmith\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

I can't reproduce this.
Looked up #49: First Day Back, no results on iTunes, found host on Google, host is Back Seat Rider/Anthony Ponce
Located Back Seat Rider in iTunes, located episode #49 and loaded podcast into iTunes, using just the Enigma -> Now Playing skin I have no crashes.

4.1.0 r2989 64-bit (Nov 6 2017)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (build 16299)
Path: D:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\Dreadnought\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\Dreadnought\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

We fixed a few possible crashes in the 4.2 beta, try upgrading to that and see what happens
rsmit212

Post by rsmit212 »

Installing 4.2 Beta appears to have fixed it. After further investigation this morning, I found it is not the special character in the title. It appears the crash was happening on podcasts that, for whatever reason, did not have an artist listed. A crash happened this morning, before the 4.2 install, on an episode of Scientific American's 60-second Science that did not have any special characters in the title.

Whatever the issue, it appears to be fixed in 4.2-r3018-beta. I installed that and then retried the 60-second Science episode and it worked just fine.
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

Yeah it was an issue with iTunes now returning nullptr instead of an empty string when Artist or Album is missing, as I said though we fixed it with the first 4.2 beta along with another possible crash.