It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:24 pm

Rainmeter crash when connected to the internet

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Cocsam

Rainmeter crash when connected to the internet

Post by Cocsam »

Hello,

I have been experiencing "stopped working" crashes in Rainmeter for two days now when I try to run it while connected to the internet. I can disconnect, run Rainmeter, reconnect and then continue using it while connected. Crashes occur every time I try to start when connected.

I tried reinstalling the latest final and beta versions and it didn't help. I also tried deleting all skins. Crashes occur, even with only the default illustro skin, so it shouldn't be a skin-related issue.

I am running on 64-Bit Windows 10 Home. Link to DMP File

Thank you in advance
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter crash when connected to the internet

Post by SilverAzide »

What happens if you select Manage > Settings tab, then UNcheck the "Check for updates" option? Will Rainmeter launch correctly then? Make sure NO skins are active, to keep things simple for debugging.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Try updating your video card driver, I know that seems weird but it worked for someone else.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27548
Cocsam

Post by Cocsam »

SilverAzide wrote:What happens if you select Manage > Settings tab, then UNcheck the "Check for updates" option? Will Rainmeter launch correctly then? Make sure NO skins are active, to keep things simple for debugging.
Yes, that solved it for me. Thank you!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Cocsam wrote:Yes, that solved it for me. Thank you!
I'd be tempted to turn off your firewall and try it again. This smells to me like Rainmeter.dll (the core of Rainmeter) not reacting gracefully to being blocked in the firewall when it goes to check for updates. on start.

Assuming that fixes it, then you can make an exception for Rainmeter.exe / Rainmeter.dll in your firewall settings.