It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:58 am

Rainmeter r2989 crashing upon launch after loading illustro skins (Windows 10 Education)

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
wrlxs

Rainmeter r2989 crashing upon launch after loading illustro skins (Windows 10 Education)

Post by wrlxs »

EDIT: Fixed it! All I had to do was update my video card drivers...

Hey there Rainmeter forum,

I've been trying to get rainmeter working on a fresh install of windows 10 Education (build 16299) But I've been having some trouble. The first run right after the install works fine, I can load/unload the default Illustro skins and do everything that I should be able to do. But once I close rainmeter (system tray -> rainmeter -> exit) and then try to relaunch rainmeter it crashes.
It loads the skins and crashes immediately. It happens on both r2989 and r3018.

I've tried disabling all of the skins by going to the rainmeter folder in appdata and editing the rainmeter.ini file. I set all the skins to active=0. I've also tried removing them all together.

Attached is the process dump after it has crashed. (r2989)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17mT5DkEPrnIF1skiBQOnUUMxT5rwKZWy/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

Merry Christmas
tjhrulz
Developer

Re: Rainmeter r2989 crashing upon launch after loading illustro skins (Windows 10 Education)

Post by tjhrulz »

What graphics card is it? Seems we have had several issues with graphics drivers lately.
wrlxs

Re: Rainmeter r2989 crashing upon launch after loading illustro skins (Windows 10 Education)

Post by wrlxs »

tjhrulz wrote:What graphics card is it? Seems we have had several issues with graphics drivers lately.
Im using an MSI GL62 6QF which has an 1060M

I'm pretty sure that I was running 358 and once I updated to 388 it worked.