It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:49 am

I can't set any values for my skins (ex. Fountain of Colors/Frost)

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Rangerj

I can't set any values for my skins (ex. Fountain of Colors/Frost)

Post by Rangerj »

I was trying to mess with the settings on Frost and Fountain of Colors as I chose a new background. Now though, when I go into the settings window of one of the skins and click on let's say how many bands there are in the sequence the number changes to -1 px. I tried to change the rotation too, and it went to -1px. The only way to fix the number of bands was to change the value in notepad, save, and redownload the skin. The only problem is for Fountain of Colors I couldn't find the rotation in the notepad or it said that I can't change it in notepad. I have downloaded 4.1 recently (maybe like a few days ago) and just had this problem an hour ago. Haven't seen it anywhere, so I was looking for help. Thanks!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I can't set any values for my skins (ex. Fountain of Colors/Frost)

Post by eclectic-tech »

Rangerj wrote:I was trying to mess with the settings on Frost and Fountain of Colors as I chose a new background. Now though, when I go into the settings window of one of the skins and click on let's say how many bands there are in the sequence the number changes to -1 px. I tried to change the rotation too, and it went to -1px. The only way to fix the number of bands was to change the value in notepad, save, and redownload the skin. The only problem is for Fountain of Colors I couldn't find the rotation in the notepad or it said that I can't change it in notepad. I have downloaded 4.1 recently (maybe like a few days ago) and just had this problem an hour ago. Haven't seen it anywhere, so I was looking for help. Thanks!
There is an incompatibility issue with the latest versions of Rainmeter that needs to be corrected by the skin author.
In the meantime, you can get the skin working by editing "@Resources\Variables.inc" to set the BANDS variable to the value you want (70?). Save the file. Then from Rainmeter Manage dialog, load "GenerateBands\GenerateBands. ini" skin to get things working.

Never try to adjust the bands in the settings skin or you will need to do this again; just change the value in "@Resources\Variables.inc".

Not sure about the rotation issue, but I would try to contact the author of Fountain of Colors on the skin download page for help.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

eclectic-tech wrote:There is an incompatibility issue with the latest versions of Rainmeter that needs to be corrected by the skin author.
Can you elborate on this?

We strive for backwards compatibility with old skins, so I am curious as to the issue.

-Brian
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I do not know exactly when this issue started with these skins, I first noticed it when an issue was posted on Reddit several months ago. :confused:

I know how to "fix" the bands issue, but never dug deeper into the setting skin code due to it's unusual structure. :uhuh:

It uses a framework for settings that simplifies item names and controls for authors, but makes it very difficult to modify or troubleshoot. :x