It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:03 pm

Startup Causes Wrong DPI

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Calico

Startup Causes Wrong DPI

Post by Calico »

Hi there,

I have a weird issue that I've been trying to troubleshoot for awhile now, but I'm at a dead end.

I installed Rainmeter on my Windows 7 HTPC, which has Window's DPI scaling setting set to 150%. Rainmeter is set to start with Windows.

When it launches on startup, it doesn't apply the Windows DPI scaling and launches at 100%. If I manually start it, it will launch at 150%.

This is where it get really frustrating. If I decide to just roll with the 100% and disable the high DPI scaling for Rainmeter in the compatibility settings for the executable, then some software (like Steam) will launch at 100% when launched from Rainmeter.

The only solution I've been able to figure out is to delete the startup shortcut for Rainmeter and instead switch to a scheduled task with a delay of 30 seconds, which is the minimum delay. This has the side of effect of my roommates complaining about Rainmeter taking too long to load, or loading over whatever software they've opened before that 30 seconds. They've been asking me to ditch Rainmeter altogether.

Which is why I'm here. I like Rainmeter and I'm hoping there's a solution here I'm just not seeing, or maybe this could be fixed in an upcoming patch?

(an aside, this is also an issue with my Win10 laptop, but I don't mind having the 30 second delay)

Thanks!