It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:32 pm

iTunes 12.7 not working properly with NowPlaying plugin

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Burner

Re: iTunes 12.7 not working properly with NowPlaying plugin

Post by Burner »

With latest Rainmeter Beta version (4.2) and latest iTunes version, all seems to work fine except toggle repeat button. Now only alter between repeat 1 and repeat off but NOT repeat all. In previous versions of iTunes this option circle between the 3 options.
In iTunes app you can continue change between those options.
Thanks.
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

Burner wrote:With latest Rainmeter Beta version (4.2) and latest iTunes version, all seems to work fine except toggle repeat button. Now only alter between repeat 1 and repeat off but NOT repeat all. In previous versions of iTunes this option circle between the 3 options.
In iTunes app you can continue change between those options.
Thanks.
Since Rainmeter has never supported showing the difference between repeat one and repeat all in the past I was always under the impression it just cycled between the two. Have you confirmed it worked this way on an older version? Because I never touched that section of the code.

Edit: Looking back I have confirmed that it has always flipped between Repeat One and Repeat None. Brian do we want to have it cycle between the 3 options/switch it to be between Repeat All and Repeat None?
Burner

Post by Burner »

tjhrulz wrote:HaveEdit: Looking back I have confirmed that it has always flipped between Repeat One and Repeat None. Brian do we want to have it cycle between the 3 options/switch it to be between Repeat All and Repeat None?
Wow, quick and effective. I thoug it circle between in previous iTunes versions... My Fault!
Anyway would be a great adition, (I use repeat all lot of times but repeat one none...)
Thanks a lot!
buspass

Post by buspass »

Any chance that the "heart" rating for favorites will be added in? "Checked" would be another attribute that I can see value in

I'm getting the 0/5 stars part correctly, can read and write that no problem, but it seems like the stars are pushed less than hitting the heart for a favorite/unfavorite. Checked is useful since I use that to define playlists and what gets synced
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

buspass wrote:Any chance that the "heart" rating for favorites will be added in? "Checked" would be another attribute that I can see value in

I'm getting the 0/5 stars part correctly, can read and write that no problem, but it seems like the stars are pushed less than hitting the heart for a favorite/unfavorite. Checked is useful since I use that to define playlists and what gets synced
Are hearts treated differently than the star system? If they are I could even just retrofit it in as making it show up as 5 starred. As for check states not sure how useful that is as a data point to show in Rainmeter especially since toggling it would not be a useful as in iTunes because you would have no way to turn it off for a song not already playing.
However with both of these I am not sure if the API Apple has supports it, I'll look into if it is possible though.
sazer

Post by sazer »

Edit: The problem is now solved with the beta release June 1st :)

Hey there,
I updated to iTunes 12.7 last year and like many other's my rainmeter NowPlaying plugin didn't work properly either, so the update (Rainmeter) to 4.2-r3001-beta did fix it. Now I updated iTunes again to 12.7.4 and NowPlaying doesn't work again... But in this case, updating Rainmeter to 4.2-r3048-beta causes a crash of Rainmeter due to the Plugin...
Any suggestions or solutions to this problem? :)
Edit: I tried every version in the version history and indeed 4.2-r3001-beta is the last one that works with iTunes 12.7 but not 12.7.4, although it doesn't crash with 12.7.4 of iTunes, the newer Rainmeter versions do.