It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:15 pm

[BUG?] The illustro network speed skin is tied to the update time

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
infiniteggl

[BUG?] The illustro network speed skin is tied to the update time

Post by infiniteggl »

My max download speed is 6MB/s and when the update timer is 1 second/1000ms, then it shows 6MB/s, but if i change the update time to be lower, the speed will scale to how much i lowered the time. Lets say i lower it to 250ms, 4x faster update time, the skin will now report my download speed as 1,5MB/, which is 4x slower, and if i set the update time to 2000ms, 2x slower, it will show my internet speed to be 2x faster, at 12MB/s. I wasn't sure where to post this because idk if its a skin bug or a rainmeter bug. Example here (above is the combined illustro skin im working on with 250ms update speed, bottom is the stock network skin at 1000ms update speed): https://i.gyazo.com/cc025dd3d9b136303b5c87ea605b4f30.png

1 second update times feel slow for me. Is there any way I could update the network speed FASTER without it changing the speed display text? And how would i update the network speeds SEPERATELY from the rest of the values in the top skin?
Last edited by infiniteggl on August 24th, 2017, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [BUG?] The illustro network speed skin is tied to the update time

Post by jsmorley »

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/net/
Per Second

The measured value is the number of bytes per second, factored by the total update rate of the measure, as defined by the Update option for the skin and any UpdateDivider option on the measure. Since the usual display of network traffic is in bytes per second, it is advisable to either set Update=1000 in the [Rainmeter] section of the skin, or add UpdateDivider options to NetIn / NetOut / NetTotal measures so they are updated once a second. Updating these measures at a rate other than once a second will return results that are confusing at best.
infiniteggl

Re: [BUG?] The illustro network speed skin is tied to the update time

Post by infiniteggl »

Oh of course "bytes per second" explains why update timer needs to be one second.
I'm dumb.
but i did end up fixing it with an updatedivider for both the speeds, thanks for the help tho!