It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:24 pm

[Feature] More PlayerType values for NowPlaying plugin

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Nachtschade

Re: [Feature] More PlayerType values for NowPlaying plugin

Post by Nachtschade »

tjhrulz wrote:While adding more player types is not something I want to do. However I have talked with Azack in the past about maybe updating NowPlaying with more players.

The biggest worry though was that it would not be accepted as some are missing features like genre or track number or they only interface over websockets. I also have a work in progress and making web players work with rainmeter but it requires an extension for your browser. Also I could update spotify to use their API so it could be a full player but in order to support seek and volume we would need a private OAUTH key.

I am pretty familiar with the code though so I could update it if you really wanted me to to support comment tags and other more player specific features.

Edit: Also another thought I had in the past was making NowPlaying be able to dynamically select a source if non were specified based on which has updated last.
Well, you know, I'm not the type to request someone to do something just specifically for me. ;-)

I am however a big fan of being able to project data on my second screen and the now playing stuff has been a big part of that. I've been using CD Art Display for that for many years, even though it has been abandonware for a long time now. The issue with CAD however is that it has a problem with .flac files which I have been using increasingly, has a problem with "weird" characters from non-roman alphabets forcing me to map all those chars. from the library to more common characters in filenames and cannot handle cover art that is bigger than 1000x1000.

CAD could display the MediaMonkey comment tag though as well as a few other tags. I have tagged all my music with country of origin in one of MediaMonkey's 5 custom tags and that's the main one I would love to display. CAD cannot display custom tags but it can display the producer tag. I don't use that tag for it's intended purpose but run a script that updates the producer tag with the contents of my custom country of origin tag and had CAD display it that way.

Anyway, just to explain my wishes. But they are just wishes. I could live without them.

I have searched long and often for other software to achieve this but nothing comes close to doing it besides the buggy CAD and Rainmeter. I love Rainmeter because it's portable, slick and takes very few resources. I'd pay or donate happily if it would do things exactly as I want.
tjhrulz
Developer

Re: [Feature] More PlayerType values for NowPlaying plugin

Post by tjhrulz »

balala wrote:Ok, thanks. Supporting the new Groove would be a great feature, I think.
Nevermind I remember now why I said this would not work a few months back, the documentation at first glance makes it look like you can get any apps music info but you can only your own apps music info. I will still keep an eye out for possible groove support.