It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:09 pm

[Suggestion] Stay topmost on fullscreen

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
soyelrafa

[Suggestion] Stay topmost on fullscreen

Post by soyelrafa »

Hello! I set skins in stay topmost state, but when I go to fullscreen mode those skins not on every program stay on the topmost. For example, on games.

I want to create an overlay for games, similar as Steam overlay, but I can't get it to work. Will be this possible any time in the future?

Thanks and best regards.
Last edited by soyelrafa on July 22nd, 2017, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [Suggestion] Stay topmost on fullscreen

Post by jsmorley »

No, not in any reliable way. Rainmeter is a desktop application, controlled by the DWM (Desktop Window Management) process in Windows.

While Rainmeter can be set so the skin "windows" stay on top off all other windows controlled by DWM, and that may include many games, games that are full-screen and running using DirectX, that are rendered and controlled outside of DWM, will not allow the skin to be displayed.
soyelrafa

Re: [Suggestion] Stay topmost on fullscreen

Post by soyelrafa »

jsmorley wrote:No, not in any reliable way. Rainmeter is a desktop application, controlled by the DWM (Desktop Window Management) process in Windows.

While Rainmeter can be set so the skin "windows" stay on top off all other windows controlled by DWM, and that may include many games, games that are full-screen and running using DirectX, that are rendered and controlled outside of DWM, will not allow the skin to be displayed.
Understood, thanks for the fast answer!!