It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:30 am

Suggestion!! Blur Effect Integrated

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
amadis33

Suggestion!! Blur Effect Integrated

Post by amadis33 »

Is possible rainmeter can make blur itself or blur images JPg??
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Suggestion!! Blur Effect Integrated

Post by jsmorley »

This is something we are keeping in mind as Windows 10 evolves the “Acrylic” interface changes to the operating system, but given that this is a work in progress, and as of today there is no official support for blur at an application level, we are keeping our powder dry and waiting to see how this all shakes out.

In the meantime, there is some limited blur functionality available at:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=122051#p122051
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote: and as of today there is no official support for blur at an application level
In the latest update, I noticed a discreet blur effect in the "Calculator" app. To see it run the app on a colorful background and you should be able to see it as well.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876 wrote:In the latest update, I noticed a discreet blur effect in the "Calculator" app. To see it run the app on a colorful background and you should be able to see it as well.
Right, I meant in the tools available to outside developers creating their own applications. Windows is currently playing a lot with blur in the Acrylic changes in progress, but at least so far, it is entirely targeted at the actual Windows UI like the Start Menu and Action Center, and Windows "modern" apps like Calculator.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote:Right, I meant in the tools available to outside developers creating their own applications. Windows is currently playing a lot with blur in the Acrylic changes in progress, but at least so far, it is entirely targeted at the actual Windows UI like the Start Menu and Action Center, and Windows "modern" apps like Calculator.
Oh yea, that is correct.
amadis33

Post by amadis33 »

Im a Fanatic and obssesioned with the custome desktops for years and ther Aero Blur effect of Windows7 is one of my favorites effects... thats be really cool back on a near future.