It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:21 am

bug png display with nowplay plugin?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
cmedia

Re: bug png display with nowplay plugin?

Post by cmedia »

i do no use the folder.jpg/png art, i dont have any image in my music collection, aimp download from internet the cover when i play a song, and save in cache in my hard disk and display it in aimp player.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

It depends on the setting od AIMP... Anyway, how is the measure value of [MeasureCover2]?
cmedia

Post by cmedia »

Code: Select all

[MeasureCover]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[MeasureTitle]
PlayerType=Cover
[MeasureCover2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[MeasureTitle]
PlayerType=Cover
Substitute="":"#@#images\def.png"
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

No,no...what I said is Rainmeter management dialog. Click Rainmeter icon in task tray, and Open log -> Skins -> (your skin) -> Measures -> MeasureCover2 -> value. You can confirm the measure value, ie. actual full path of the cover art.
cmedia

Post by cmedia »

i found out, is not about extension, is about if amp3 find the cover in the folder already, then provide the correct address to rainmeter, but if aimp use the last.fm plugin to download the cover and cache on system (windows temp), rainmeter dont receive the address of the cover, and the skin use the default one.

so still seems a bug between aimp3 and the nowplaying plugin...

the cover work fine in aimp3, is showing, so seems nowplaying is not 100% complatible with aimp3 last version.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Image format is not the matter? Okay, now I understand what your issue is. But a bit curious... in my case, cached image (something like jpg6FB0.tmp in temp folder) from AIMP4 is shown as cover art in my skin with no problem.

To be clear, please tell us the name of the image file cached but not shown (= file name not handed to [MeasureCover2] measure) for example.
cmedia

Post by cmedia »

yes, i had some cover, hidden i didint know the presence (https://www.blisshq.com/music-library-management-blog/2012/02/01/removing-windows-folder-jpg-system/), in my music collection, and when i play album with over hidden, aimp use the cover and send to rainmeter the correct adress and the cover was working,. i was thinking was a format issue but i was mistake.

This happen, cover work in aimp, cover is stored in windows temp folder but rainmeter get nothing

https://i.imgur.com/PCR1oVL.png
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

It is a name of default image file substituted from null string in [MeasureCover2]. How is the real name of the cached file? It can be confirmed in temp folder.
cmedia

Post by cmedia »

real name is the name of the file name+ png or jpg depends of extension, in this case:

C:\Users\____\AppData\Local\Temp\04 - Recognizer.png
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

I don't know why this actual file path is not passed to the measure. As you said, it could be a bug between AIMP and NowPlaying plugin.

I gave up...sorry! :-)