It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:33 pm

Forum Thread Change

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Codger

Forum Thread Change

Post by Codger »

Minor nit pick but can you split Bugs & Feature Suggestions into two topics?
Maybe not retroactively, I see that being a pain, but going forward.

When wanting to see other's ideas to maybe add a 'me too', improvement to, or whatever one has to wade through all the bug reports trying to discern from the titles what is a feature request and what is a bug. I would think the same would be true for someone trying to report a bug.

Using the search feature is all well and good but sometimes eyeballing it is best.

If it isn't too much trouble it would sooth the OCD in me and I think be useful to the community even if they are unaware of it. :???:
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Forum Thread Change

Post by jsmorley »

Codger wrote:Minor nit pick but can you split Bugs & Feature Suggestions into two topics?
Maybe not retroactively, I see that being a pain, but going forward.

When wanting to see other's ideas to maybe add a 'me too', improvement to, or whatever one has to wade through all the bug reports trying to discern from the titles what is a feature request and what is a bug. I would think the same would be true for someone trying to report a bug.

Using the search feature is all well and good but sometimes eyeballing it is best.

If it isn't too much trouble it would sooth the OCD in me and I think be useful to the community even if they are unaware of it. :???:
We will keep this in mind, but I don't think we have reached a point where it is really needed.
Codger

Post by Codger »

jsmorley wrote:We will keep this in mind, but I don't think we have reached a point where it is really needed.
But think how much easier it would be to do it before you have grown to where you do need it... :nudge:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Codger wrote:But think how much easier it would be to do it before you have grown to where you do need it... :nudge:
To be honest, I don't foresee ever needing to change it. We have very few real "bugs" over time, and there would have to be a very great need indeed before I would want to split this up. The amount of cleanup, (yes I know you said "going forward", but I would not accept that) for very little benefit inclines me to leave well enough alone.

Suggestions are very, very welcome, but in this case, uhm... No. ;-)
Codger

Post by Codger »

jsmorley wrote:To be honest, I don't foresee ever needing to change it. We have very few real "bugs" over time, and there would have to be a very great need indeed before I would want to split this up. The amount of cleanup, (yes I know you said "going forward", but I would not accept that) for very little benefit inclines me to leave well enough alone.

Suggestions are very, very welcome, but in this case, uhm... No. ;-)
You are the boss. And have been remarkable helpful, patient and cheerful. So I won't try to fight for a change on what is probably the needs of one person clinging to the old ways. I can use search. 8-)