It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:50 am

Addition: put Load Order in Rainmeter.ini

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Codger

Addition: put Load Order in Rainmeter.ini

Post by Codger »

Can the load order value be included in the Rainmeter.ini?

Nearly ever other value that is alterable from the manager can be read (or changed) in the Rainmeter.ini except this one.
This value is useful in organizing groups of skins to act together and I dislike the extra steps needed to fetch it from each skin.

I can't see how this would effect existing skins so it should be an easy change (use to hate when my bosses, knowing nothing of the code or coding, would say that to me. ;-) )
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
"If you are the smartest one in the room, you are in the wrong room."
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Addition: put Load Order in Rainmeter.ini

Post by jsmorley »

Codger

Post by Codger »

I should have looked closer. I had gone straight to the Rainmeter.ini and looked in it. It seems it only includes it if it has been altered. Which is reasonable. So, not seeing it in the first couple skins, I assumed...

Silly me.

Well, thanks for foreseeing my wish and including it in advance. :D
[hr][/hr][hr][/hr]
"If you are the smartest one in the room, you are in the wrong room."
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Codger wrote:I should have looked closer. I had gone straight to the Rainmeter.ini and looked in it. It seems it only includes it if it has been altered. Which is reasonable. So, not seeing it in the first couple skins, I assumed...

Silly me.

Well, thanks for foreseeing my wish and including it in advance. :D
Any changes you make using Manage or the context menus to any skin or application settings are automatically saved in Rainmeter.ini. That is where all configuration settings are stored. As you say, if they are not changed from the initial default values, they are not created initially, only when changed.