It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:39 am

Rainmeter crashes with some using of script

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
rxtd

Rainmeter crashes with some using of script

Post by rxtd »

Well, that's pretty much it. Can't add anything to the title.
Here is example of skin that causes crash, and the dumps.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8GakYd19jMrMEJrWDNHdkI5OGs
There is dumps from my main computer with Windows 10 and from second with Windows 7.
I took second computer without Rainmeter, downloaded last beta, installed it, loaded the skin - and Windows showed me an error. I also reinstalled Rainmeter and created a dump from 32-bit version.

P.S. Sorry, I had to edit this skin (remove the part that causes the problem) to made Rainmeter not to crash so I accidentally added skin with disabled script at first. Now it should be OK (i.e. now it should break Rainmeter on start).
Brian
Developer

Re: Rainmeter crashes with some using of script

Post by Brian »

The reason why Rainmeter is crashing is because you are trying to format text instead of numbers.

Code: Select all

[MeasureNamesLast]
Measure=NetIn
IfConditionMode=1
IfCondition=1
IfTrueAction=[!CommandMeasure FormatScript "FormatNumber([MeasureNamesSecond], 4, '1', 'var1')"][!CommandMeasure FormatScript "FormatNumber([MeasureNamesThird], 4, '1', 'var2')"][!CommandMeasure FormatScript "FormatNumber([MeasureNamesLast], 4, '1', 'var3')"]
You are referencing 2 measures that do not exist. MeasureNamesSecond and MeasureNamesThird. I added a few dummy Calc measures using those names, and there were no errors.

While there is some merit to the idea that Rainmeter should not crash because of simple mistakes like this, Lua is too complex to catch all the errors one might have.

-Brian