It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:28 am

[BUG][Incl. fix] Lyrics retrieval is broken

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Alia5

[BUG][Incl. fix] Lyrics retrieval is broken

Post by Alia5 »

So, the undocumented function to retrieve song lyrics is, more or less, broken for a while now.

I even already fixed it and submitted a PR, but it seems like it didn't even get looked at.

I'd like to the status of this, or if it even has a chance to get merged, since well, it fixes an undocumented function... (But WTF is the functionality still there then?)
Because if not, I'm better off writing my own plugin instead of you not even bloody commenting on a bug fix PR...
Brian
Developer

Re: [BUG][Incl. fix] Lyrics retrieval is broken

Post by Brian »

Your PR has not gone unnoticed, however, we have several other projects going on and have had little time to focus on other things. That being said, we will eventually get to it, so no need for a special plugin.

The main problem with NowPlaying is that all the API's have changed significantly over time, and the original author (poiru) doesn't have time to update it. In fact, I am not even sure if some of the other issues with NowPlaying can be solved without API keys, etc.

So, please be patient and understand that the Rainmeter team are all volunteers and have limited time to spend providing this software free of charge to everyone. There are only 2 active developers (me and jsmorley), with 1 'developer in training' (theAzack9) - so things are sometimes slow depending on our schedules.

-Brian

PS - I will work on responding to PR's and suggestions as soon as I can instead of waiting to actually review/test the code presented.
Alia5

Re: [BUG][Incl. fix] Lyrics retrieval is broken

Post by Alia5 »

Ah, okay, thanks!

Please do understand that it just looks like you don't care.
If I may suggest, you could just leave a notice for submitters, that someone will look at it at a later date.

Only 2 active developers is indeed a bit, suboptimal, let's say... I expected all or at least most of the people in the GitHub organization to be active. Sorry!