It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:28 pm

[Solved] Disk Drive monitors crash rainmeter.

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
football13tb

[Solved] Disk Drive monitors crash rainmeter.

Post by football13tb »

I am running windows 10, rainmeter 4.0, all updated plugins, and all updated skins. The problem is no matter which skin I use, whether the default one that comes with rainmeter, or another skin, the disk meter I use (display total storage on HDDs/SSDs) crashes rainmeter completely. The only way I am able to get rainmeter to launch again is to go into the config and manually turn off the disk monitor skin.

I checked a couple places to see if anyone else has had this problem and it seems I am the only one. I guess what I am asking is, why would trying to load up any HDD/SSD monitoring skin HARD crash my rainmeter?

I am willing to give any information you need, I just don't know what that information is yet :/

Edit: Also, nothing shows up in the logs as to why rainmeter hard crashes.
Edit 2: I would also like to point out that every other skin I am running is perfectly fine, just the HDD/SDD monitoring skin is causing the problem.
Last edited by football13tb on March 7th, 2017, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Disk Drive monitors crash rainmeter.

Post by jsmorley »

So if you create a skin, use the example code at https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/freediskspace/, and run only that skin, Rainmeter crashes?
football13tb

Post by football13tb »

The example skin you linked for me to create DID work.

Now the disk monitor that comes with SimplePerfMeters does not work, when I try to load the skin it locks up all of rainmeter and remains in a "not responding" loop.

Also, same results for Modern Gadgets and Gadgets skins. Just causes rainmeter to lock up indefinitely.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

football13tb wrote:The example skin you linked for me to create DID work.

Now the disk monitor that comes with SimplePerfMeters does not work, when I try to load the skin it locks up all of rainmeter and remains in a "not responding" loop.

Also, same results for Modern Gadgets and Gadgets skins. Just causes rainmeter to lock up indefinitely.

Well, dunno. So it's not something about FreeDiskSpace in general, but those skins in particular. You might want to contact the authors.
football13tb

Post by football13tb »

I found the issue, my windows 10 performance monitor is not functioning properly, In the section that is related to Disk drives everything is blank. And when i try running a system diagnostic with performance monitor it just goes into a loop and won't complete the task.

I'm just telling you for your own information, in case someone with my exact problem shows up again.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

football13tb wrote:I found the issue, my windows 10 performance monitor is not functioning properly, In the section that is related to Disk drives everything is blank. And when i try running a system diagnostic with performance monitor it just goes into a loop and won't complete the task.

I'm just telling you for your own information, in case someone with my exact problem shows up again.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=23156
football13tb

Post by football13tb »

It worked! Everything is running flawlessly, thank you very much!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

football13tb wrote:It worked! Everything is running flawlessly, thank you very much!
Glad to help.
FractalMimz

Re: [Solved] Disk Drive monitors crash rainmeter.

Post by FractalMimz »

Hi,

I have the same bug Rainmeter goes in no response state and then it crash silently when launching it with the skin SimplePerfMeters activate but in opposition if I delete SimplePerfMeters folder manualy, launch rainMeter and add SimplePerfMeters, rainmeter don't crash.

The perfmon tweak don't work for me.

I have tried reinstalling with 4.3 and 4.4.
I have some errors in Event Observer, watch attachment.

I hope I will help you to avoid this annnoying bug.
Attachments
mmc_7GBrPaLDj0.png
EjsASQctp9.png
l7WAtnGZsI.png
KYnu7yEE7r.png
XXef4YhMv8.png
tjyEy1lX2E.png
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Solved] Disk Drive monitors crash rainmeter.

Post by death.crafter »

FractalMimz wrote: June 4th, 2021, 3:43 pm Hi,

I have the same bug Rainmeter goes in no response state and then it crash silently when launching it with the skin SimplePerfMeters activate but in opposition if I delete SimplePerfMeters folder manualy, launch rainMeter and add SimplePerfMeters, rainmeter don't crash.

The perfmon tweak don't work for me.

I have tried reinstalling with 4.3 and 4.4.
I have some errors in Event Observer, watch attachment.

I hope I will help you to avoid this annnoying bug.
I don't think it has anything to do with perfmon. It has to be the skin which is defective.