It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:56 pm

Rainmeter visualizer bug with MSI Nahimic 2 users (Driver related)

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
nov21903

Rainmeter visualizer bug with MSI Nahimic 2 users (Driver related)

Post by nov21903 »

So after extensive research on why visualizers weren't working on my computer, I found out from another post that anyone using Nahimic 2 is unable to use visualizers at all. This is due to a driver conflict between Realtek, Nahimic, and the visualizers/rainmeter. I don't know just how deep the issue goes in the drivers, but I do know it's a driver issue. The log of any visualizer reports, "Failed to initialize Audio Client." and a background process known as Audiodg.exe (Or Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation) spikes up massively in CPU usage (Usually 20-25% usage from it's normal 3% or so).

Unfortunately, the only way to fix this is to to completely uninstall Nahimic, and for many users, including me, actually use that program because it does help quite a bit with sound quality. I thought that I would report this issue on the report forums as I don't see many people who report this issue but reddit; I would like this issue to be known by the devs.
Bekarfel

Re: Rainmeter visualizer bug with MSI Nahimic 2 users (Driver related)

Post by Bekarfel »

Have any of the devs here considered reaching out to the devs of Nahimic drivers?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

To what end?

I promise you that we are never going to code Rainmeter functionality to detect and react to different hardware drivers, as that is a slippery slope into madness. If something doesn't respect and respond to the standard Windows API calls for functionality, then it just won't work with Rainmeter. We are not in the business of telling anyone how to code drivers for their hardware, but we are not going to chase the thousands and thousands of hardware manufacturers out there, trying to react and keep up with their driver changes.

The code for the AudioLevel plugin is available on our GitHub site, as is all the code for the open-source Rainmeter application. Feel free to write a custom plugin that works with this vendor's audio driver.
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

I really just wanted to confirm that rainmeter devs don't do the work of someone else. thanks jsmorley!