It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:33 am

NowPlaying as administrator

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

NowPlaying as administrator

Post by balala »

These days I've played a while with the NowPlaying plugin (measure) and noticed a weird behavior of it (at least I find it weird). I couldn't find a better place where to post my observation, so finally I decided to post in the Bugs & Feature Suggestions thread. I'm sure this isn't a bug, just, as I said, found it weird and wanted to find an explanation.
So, I figured out that if I run Rainmeter "normally", the NowPlayer plugin works well, but if I run Rainmeter as administrator, it don't work at all. Is this a normal behavior? Because all other plugins are running well, no matter how I start Rainmeter, just this one is blocked in administrator mode.
CyberTheWorm

Re: NowPlaying as administrator

Post by CyberTheWorm »

I just tried running rainmeter as Administrator and my now playing skin works fine open, close, next, prev, stop and play
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CyberTheWorm wrote:I just tried running rainmeter as Administrator and my now playing skin works fine open, close, next, prev, stop and play
Even weirder. Mine not work at all, if Rainmeter is run as administrator.
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

As CyberTheWorm said, I always run Rainmeter as administrator and never had a problem.
...well, one small problem there is (related or not):
sometimes, if I skip a few songs or jump a few times back and forth on a song, the player (WMP in my case) hangs and I have to kill the process.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:As CyberTheWorm said, I always run Rainmeter as administrator and never had a problem.
...well, one small problem there is (related or not):
sometimes, if I skip a few songs or jump a few times back and forth on a song, the player (WMP in my case) hangs and I have to kill the process.
There's no problem with the player itself (WMP), but just the NowPlaying is not working. It return nothing, while if I run Rainmeter normally, everything is fine, it returns what it have to.
Very weird if it works there. What NowPlaying plugin version do you have?
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Well, maybe it's the version, I know you use 4, I'm still stuck with 3.3*, NowPlaying 1.1.5.0.

*Trying to finish my neverending suite update for users still using Vista and XP. (yes, I know... O.O )
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

fonpaolo wrote:Well, maybe it's the version, I know you use 4, I'm still stuck with 3.3*, NowPlaying 1.1.5.0.
Maybe this could be the explanation. I'm not sure, maybe a developer will tell me. Thanks.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

I'm running 4.0.0 r2746 64bit interesting thing the NowPlaying plugin is not listed in Rainmeter

EDIT: Just did a search and cannot find NowPlaying.dll on my computer at all O.O
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

In ver. 4 it's integrated in Rainmeter, not an external plugin. ;-)
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

I installed ver. 4, run always as administrator, in my Windows 10 partition (used only a few times).
I remember I tested my suite with it, I can verify.