It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:28 am

[BUG] InputText

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
fonpaolo

Re: [BUG] InputText

Post by fonpaolo »

I suspect you're only trying to add only a 32 or 64 bit plugin, but you need both.
theAzack9
Developer

Post by theAzack9 »

kyriakos876 wrote:I want to add the FrostedGlass one made by theAzack9 but it's not that. I tried with other plugins too. Even with the ones already in the rainmeter and the add button just won't get clickable nor before of after selecting the .dll´s path. Let me add I tried reinstalling rainmeter or even go on another pc and install it there for the first time ever. (Both pc's on recommended installation path)
Here is an image for what I'm saying: https://s30.postimg.org/brmtge04h/Untitled.png
(It reads FrostedGlass1.dll instead of FrostedGlass.dll because I tried editing the name to see if that works. Needless to say it didn't :P )
Hi, i just added a "Redistributable.rar" download to the plugin page (https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23106) ;)
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

wow I love you all guys! Everyone answering instantly. Great forum :D
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

Just for the record, maybe it's not so simple, but I post this for reference. ;-)

If you want to add a plugin you've downloaded with a skin, follow these steps:
1- make a copy of the .rmskin file you know the plugin is contained;
2- rename the skin from .rmskin to .zip;
3- open the zip file, look for the Plugins folder, extract the folder and save it where you want (maybe also for future use);
4- create your rmskin package and when you've to add the plugins, browse to the path you saved your folder.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

This is great! Thanks for the info :D It'll come to use for sure
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kyriakos876 wrote:I want to add the FrostedGlass one made by theAzack9 but it's not that. I tried with other plugins too. Even with the ones already in the rainmeter and the add button just won't get clickable nor before of after selecting the .dll´s path. Let me add I tried reinstalling rainmeter or even go on another pc and install it there for the first time ever. (Both pc's on recommended installation path)
Here is an image for what I'm saying: https://s30.postimg.org/brmtge04h/Untitled.png
(It reads FrostedGlass1.dll instead of FrostedGlass.dll because I tried editing the name to see if that works. Needless to say it didn't :P )
You must add both 32bit and 64bit versions of any 3rd-party plugin when you create a .rmskin.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

jsmorley wrote:You must add both 32bit and 64bit versions of any 3rd-party plugin when you create a .rmskin.
Yes I did that and it worked ^_^, now I'm facing another problem.
I like pushing things over the limits and get the most out of anything I can, so me being me, I came across with a problem on InputText again (Well I didn't but someone that installed my skin did). So, I saw that everytime you off of a InputText box it would lose focus thus making a "Ok" button impossible, as if you were to click anywhere else on the screen without first hitting "Enter" in order to execute the command, you would simply lose the input you just typed. So I made a .vbs script that "Hits enter for you" when you click on a button I made. I also set it on MouseDownAction to get executed before losing focus of the input. This works fine on my PC and you can click "search" on my skin (See in the file attached bellow the SetLocation.ini -Line 230-)
But other people can't get it to work on their pc's... any idea if I'm creating any big system conflict, or something that's causing it to not work on others? (I also want to add that if I install the .vbs file in a path that there is a "space" included it won't work. So if the path is C://.../Skins/WeatherProject/@Resources/Enter.vbs it will work but if it is on
C://.../Skins/Weather Project/@Resources/Enter.vbs it wont because of the Space between "Weather" and "project". I tried it with other names too and it works with whatever, unless you put a "space" in the .vbs's path.Again, I'm new to this Rainmeter thing so yea... ^_^ ) Here is the skin I'm working on: http://www.filedropper.com/weatherbybananamaster101_1
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

You created a Rainmeter crashing skin with your 'SetLocation.ini'. :-(

The main problem comes when I open 'Set Location', click the InputText box, but then click anywhere on your 'blurred' main panel. At that point, the empty inputtext box is shown, and Rainmeter crashes! This is because you closed the skin that launched it using a bang in the [Transparent] section of the Blur.ini. The InputText plugin is now with a reference and locks up Rainmeter. Besides letting InputText to stay topmost, you also cannot close (or Refresh) the skin that launched it while it is expecting input.

To correct this, remove [!DeactivateConfig "WeatherProject\Location" "SetLocation.ini"] from the bang.

Code: Select all

[Transparent]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\Transparent.png
LeftMouseDownAction=[!DeactivateConfig "WeatherProject\Options" "Options.ini"][!DeactivateConfig]
;[!DeactivateConfig "WeatherProject\Location" "SetLocation.ini"]
W=207
H=331
MouseActionCursor=0
The result is Rainmeter will not crash, the default FocusDismiss=1 will dismiss the current input. The downside is the blur disappears from your weather skin due to the bang action, and 'Set Location' is still open waiting for input or a 'cancel' bang.
kyriakos876 wrote:Yes I did that and it worked ^_^, now I'm facing another problem.
I like pushing things over the limits and get the most out of anything I can, so me being me, I came across with a problem on InputText again (Well I didn't but someone that installed my skin did). So, I saw that everytime you off of a InputText box it would lose focus thus making a "Ok" button impossible, as if you were to click anywhere else on the screen without first hitting "Enter" in order to execute the command, you would simply lose the input you just typed.
This is how that plugin works. It is separate from your skin and only responds to 'Enter' or 'Esc' and, by default, will dismiss the input when focus is lost.
kyriakos876 wrote:So I made a .vbs script that "Hits enter for you" when you click on a button I made. I also set it on MouseDownAction to get executed before losing focus of the input. This works fine on my PC and you can click "search" on my skin (See in the file attached bellow the SetLocation.ini -Line 230-)
But other people can't get it to work on their pc's... any idea if I'm creating any big system conflict, or something that's causing it to not work on others?
This does not work here. As soon as I click the 'Search' button, the InputText plugin loses focus and dismisses the input. A 'Search' button simply will not work and is useless for the InputText plugin.
kyriakos876 wrote:(I also want to add that if I install the .vbs file in a path that there is a "space" included it won't work. So if the path is C://.../Skins/WeatherProject/@Resources/Enter.vbs it will work but if it is on
C://.../Skins/Weather Project/@Resources/Enter.vbs it wont because of the Space between "Weather" and "project". I tried it with other names too and it works with whatever, unless you put a "space" in the .vbs's path.Again, I'm new to this Rainmeter thing so yea... ^_^ )
Enclose the action with double qutation marks; LeftMouseDownAction="#@#Enter.vbs" But this script did not work for me either way.

Conclusion: I would remove the 'Search' button meter and action in the 'SetLocation.ini'. Modify the [Transparent] section in 'Blur.ini', and live with the shortcomings of the InputText plugin needing to have control, which means you cannot close 'SetLocation.ini' while the input box is active.

You can find a lengthy discussion about the some of the pitfalls of this plugin here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=113717#p113717

Hope this helps!

Edit: You might want to add LogSubstringErrors=0 to the [MeasureResults] section in 'SetLocation.ini' to supress the 20 substring 'errors' that fill the log. And remove @Include2=#ROOTCONFIG#MainPanel.ini the path is wrong and it is not needed by the skin.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

First of all thanks for taking the time to check it!
Okay let me explain myself :D
1) The Blur.ini is meant to be like that, like if the user clicks away from the SetLocation.ini it will close and give focus back to the main panel. Same with the Options.ini so yea, this is not the problem. (The crash you get is due to MouseDownAction on the Blur.ini. Change that to MouseUpAction and it will be okay. I forgot that too.

2)You are right! I was forgetting to use quotes on the MouseDownAction to run the vbs.

3)It does actually work on my PC and when I click the search button with the mouse it executes the command as if I pressed enter on they keyboard and proceeds with the search.(Again here is the problem... it doesn't seem to be working on other PC´s as I sent it over to a friend of mine and he provided me with his feedback). This works with the MouseDownAcfion but not woth MouseUpAction as it executes the enter vbs (thus executing the Command1) just the moment it's losing focus from the input text.

4)Oh yea I forgot that @Include.... I add it there when I was testing something but forgot to remove it. And that LogSubstringErrors is the outcome of me being new to this :P didn't know it even exists.
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

eclectic-tech wrote:

You can find a lengthy discussion about the some of the pitfalls of this plugin here: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=113717#p113717

Hope this helps!
Ok so this post solved my problems with the "fooling it with mouseover" as mentioned in there, and now it should be fine.
(I also changed something in the variables.ini for functionality reasons. Here is the skin now:
Edit: Damn forgot to add the skin... *feels stupid*
http://www.filedropper.com/weatherbybananamaster102_1

It should be "crashes-free" now with the search "Button" doing what it should. (it's not really a button anymore, the reason I'm not registering it as an image is simply cuz I have to spent 1 or less minutes to crop the "searchButton.png" lol)