It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:03 pm

[Issue]CommanMeasure not supported

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
mak_kawa

[Issue]CommanMeasure not supported

Post by mak_kawa »

CommandMeasure "Run" to the RunCommand plugin results in "CommandMeasure not supported" error and does not work, really weird.

In my case, this issue occurs only in Rainmeter 3.3.2r2743 (Dec 20 2016) + Windows Vista(32bit). The very same code on Rainmeter 3.3.2r2609 (May 16 2016) + Windows Vista(64bit) works fine.

I can not make sure of the behavior of r2609 on Vista(32bit), because I can not find RM of this release version from "old downloads" page.

So, I am not sure if this issue is a specific problem of RM3.3.2r2743, or instead something wrong with outdated Windows Vista which will be not supported soon by Microsoft. And I am sorry I can not test r2743 on Windows7, 8 and 10 because I have no suitable PC for such testing.

I just want to report a case. Hope someone can confirm...

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1

[ShutdownCommand]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=RunCommand
Program=shutdown
Parameter=/s /t 00

[Shutdown]
Meter=BUTTON
ButtonImage=ShutDownButton.png
W=30
H=30
X=20
Y=40
ButtonCommand=[!CommandMeasure ShutdownCommand "Run"]
Of course, "shutdown /s /t 00" in the command prompt of the Windows Vista works.
mak_kawa

Re: [Issue]CommanMeasure not supported

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi dvo.

Once I tried a code executes batch file or DOS command directly. But it opens command prompt window in a moment. Not smart for me... :-)

Anyway thank you for testing. Today I will try RM3.3.0 on Windows Vista. (RM3.3.1 is not executable by dll load error after installation on Vista)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dvo wrote:

Code: Select all

!Execute [%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 00] 
:welcome: :D
and your script works oke on win 10 ,RM 3.3.0r2519 64bit
NEVER use !Execute. It is deprecated. ;-)

[%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 00]

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/bangs/#Deprecated
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I wish I had better news for you, but we are just not going back and figuring out issues with Windows XP or Vista. To each his own, but those are just unsupported operating system versions, both by Microsoft and by Rainmeter. If you really just must stay on XP or Vista, you can run Rainmeter 3.3.2, but do understand that very quickly, new skins you get from deviantART and other places are just not going to work with it.

I resist that any hardware that runs Vista can't run Windows 10 as well, but who knows. In any case, we have moved on, and we are only going to look at issues with Rainmeter 4.0 and later, with Windows 7 or 10.
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

jsmorley wrote:I resist that any hardware that runs Vista can't run Windows 10 as well, but who knows.
I do not agree. My Pc is quite old, it was sold with Vista (2008) and it runs perfectly with Windows 8.1 and Windows10. I have no problem. My hardware is original, except the graphics card and the power supply. So yes, an old PC can perfectly run a Windows10, which is much lighter than Windows Vista :D.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Hi jsmorley.

Okay, I understand exactly the situation about RM3 and Windows Vista. I am not going to request the fix. :-)

Today I tried Rainmeter 3.3.0.r2519 on my Vista(32bit) laptop at my office. As expected, the CommandMeasure to RunCommand plugin works fine.

Just a summary report:
RM 3.3.0.r2519 -> works fine.
(RM 3.3.1 -> rainmeter.dll load error)
RM 3.3.2.r2609 -> works fine.
RM 3.3.2.r2743 -> CommandMeasure not supported.

So, my guess is that the issue was introduced between r2609 and r2743.