It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:43 pm

Can we get share bubbles in rainmeter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
ioxwave

Can we get share bubbles in rainmeter

Post by ioxwave »

I have been trying peerio, facebook messenger, discord, and iMessage for Mac OS X but none of them are simlistic, is there a way to implement a contact bubble on the side of my screen so I can communicate with them without having to use some bullshit program, rainmeter doesn't intrude my desktop so was wondering if one of the rainmeter devs or a community dev could work on this and implement in a future version, just tired of having to open my browser to use multiple f---ing platforms for something that could be solved by an advanced contacts list manager/share/interact button that basically should look like an airplane icon in my desktop, type in the persons name or handle, drag that persons bubble into the screen and drop the file into their face or open a chat dialog like on aim but more futuristic and blurry UI centric.
Zeke3711

Re: Can we get share bubbles in rainmeter

Post by Zeke3711 »

I'm quite new to rainmeter BUT; I do know that you can search websites from a rainmeter skin so it might be possible. Some of the better skinmakers on here would be able to help you more.
CyberTheWorm

Re: Can we get share bubbles in rainmeter

Post by CyberTheWorm »

The problem is that all those programs use different forms of protocol for sending messages. So you would need to have a plugin for each different type of messenger, which don't exist in Rainmeter.

Best idea is find an existing program that can use all the messenger type you need and use it. Either that or write your own.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page