It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:03 pm

Rainmeter crashes when starting

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Raffi77

Rainmeter crashes when starting

Post by Raffi77 »

Every time I start Rainmeter, it crashes. I already tried reinstalling and updating, but it did not fix the issue. It was running fine before until I added some custom files to the skin Honeycomb. I'm not sure if that was the reason, but a few hours or so later it crashed and since then does not start anymore, it instantly crashes with the Windows error message "Rainmeter stopped working". I tried removing the modified files, but that caused it to not do anything at all when starting.
Here is the .dmp file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2yuswf7xbrtu3h/Rainmeter.DMP.zip?dl=0
Last edited by Raffi77 on December 10th, 2016, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter crashes when starting

Post by jsmorley »

I would make a copy of your Rainmeter.ini in %APPDATA%\Rainmeter and then delete it.

Start Rainmeter, which will load it with the default Illustro skins, and then unload those and start loading your skins one at a time till you find the one that is giving you trouble.
Raffi77

Re: Rainmeter crashes when starting

Post by Raffi77 »

jsmorley wrote:I would make a copy of your Rainmeter.ini in %APPDATA%\Rainmeter and then delete it.

Start Rainmeter, which will load it with the default Illustro skins, and then unload those and start loading your skins one at a time till you find the one that is giving you trouble.
Thank you for your help, I tried this and it helped.