It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:55 am

[suggestion] Rainmeter display profiles

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
fediafedia

[suggestion] Rainmeter display profiles

Post by fediafedia »

Some people have several displays at their disposals, and switch them in various situations. I recently got a 42" TV, and I love to use rainmeter on it. I have a config for full HD resolution, but when i connect back to the laptop display, it has HD resolution, so my config gets messed up.

So here's the suggestion:
Rainmeter should be able to autodetect what kind of display is connected, and allow users to create several rainmeter.ini profiles for each display. When you switch to another display, rainmeter should detect that and restart with an adequate ini config. I dont think it's hard to do, and I think a lot of people would appreciate such functionality.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [suggestion] Rainmeter display profiles

Post by jsmorley »

fediafedia wrote:Some people have several displays at their disposals, and switch them in various situations. I recently got a 42" TV, and I love to use rainmeter on it. I have a config for full HD resolution, but when i connect back to the laptop display, it has HD resolution, so my config gets messed up.

So here's the suggestion:
Rainmeter should be able to autodetect what kind of display is connected, and allow users to create several rainmeter.ini profiles for each display. When you switch to another display, rainmeter should detect that and restart with an adequate ini config. I dont think it's hard to do, and I think a lot of people would appreciate such functionality.
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5909#p5909
fediafedia

Re: [suggestion] Rainmeter display profiles

Post by fediafedia »

You rock! :D
This should be implemented by default