It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:09 pm

Rainmeter & Fences

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
IIIPlasmaIII

Rainmeter & Fences

Post by IIIPlasmaIII »

These two programs don't quite behave with each-other, and one either ends up on top of one another.
Is there a way to order Rainmeter to be in front of specific applications?
Or vice versa?
Mor3bane

Re: Rainmeter & Fences

Post by Mor3bane »

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
 [!ZPos 2]
Tried anything like this?
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
Mor3bane

Post by Mor3bane »

or even this

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
MouseOverAction=!execute [!ZPos 2]
MouseLeaveAction=!execute [!ZPos -2]
My DevArt Gallery

There are many ways to be different - there is only one way to be yourself - be amazing at it

The law of averages says what it means; even if you get everything right, you will get something wrong. Therefore; self managing error trapping initiates another set of averages - amongst the errors, some of them will not be errors, instead those instances will appear to be "luck". One cannot complain of the 'appearance' of 'infinite regress of causation', even if it does not have a predictable pattern, only that it requires luck to achieve.
ruichaves99

Post by ruichaves99 »

I tried this but it didn't work. I was trying to use 2 rainmeter widgets as background (like this, for example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4IjPDMWezg&t=0s or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mldgS_93ctc), but the to layers keep in front of the "fence". Any other way to make this work?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

This has been discussed before in another thread. IIRC, Fences are drawn directly on the desktop (just like icons), so you can never get a skin "window" to appear behind a Fence. Windows are always above the desktop.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
ruichaves99

Post by ruichaves99 »

Thanks for the reply, mate