It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:30 pm

[Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
kyriakos876

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

Post by kyriakos876 »

Well I didn't test it with games to be honest, but if you say it doesn't work I'll take your word for it and suggest you followed jsmorley's solution. As for the name of the focused window you can use the Plugin I recommended above if you want that too, but it feels weird to me having one plugin for detecting wether it's fullscreen or not, and another one returning the name of the window. Anyway, the solution is there, the choice on how you are going to use it is entirely up to you.
fadedrobin

Post by fadedrobin »

Just found out that instead of the desktop it was a rainmeter skin. How do I exclude rainmeter?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

fadedrobin wrote:Just found out that instead of the desktop it was a rainmeter skin. How do I exclude rainmeter?
Make the skin 1 pixel less than the entire screen in size...

IsFullScreen is a simple plugin. It simply asks if the size of the window that currently has focus (the size of the application part of the window, not including any Windows OS elements like title bars and window borders) is the same size as the primary monitor's screen, and is positioned at 0,0 on the screen. It doesn't know or care a bit which "application" owns the window.

If you make the size of a Rainmeter skin equal to #SCREENAREAWIDTH# and #SCREENAREAHEIGHT#, and position it at 0,0 on the primary monitor's screen, that qualifies as "full screen".

If you make the skin equal to (#SCREENAREAWIDTH#-1) and #SCREENAREAHEIGHT#, it won't be seen as "full screen".
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

With some help from brian, I added a feature that when a full-screen window has focus, then 1 will be returned as the number value and the name of the process that created the window will be returned as the string value.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=147499#p147499
Shaece

Post by Shaece »

Old thread in comparison to when I'm posting, however I recently started looking into this myself, and started working on a visual basic application to run in the system tray with the sole purpose of getting all active windows and running checks to see if they are full screen or maximized (/w options to choose processes to ignore / trigger a suspend) then suspend the chosen processes (Mainly Rainmeter / Wallpaper Engine for me), I've got a working viable concept so far that I've been using, still needs some work though however it's rather frustrating how many hoops need to be jumped through and assumptions / guess work needs to be made in order to figure out what other windows are maxed or full screen and even then there's not really a perfect solution, here's to hoping some day MS makes this information easier to figure out or obtain :thumbup: