It is currently April 24th, 2024, 7:59 pm

scaling text on 1080+ definition

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
mad_max034

scaling text on 1080+ definition

Post by mad_max034 »

I just want to know if there is a way to scale text on a very high definition screen. I have a 1920X1200 screen and the text is barely readable.

here is an example : http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6674/printscreenj.jpg
jsmorley
Developer

Re: scaling text on 1080+ definition

Post by jsmorley »

mad_max034 wrote:I just want to know if there is a way to scale text on a very high definition screen. I have a 1920X1200 screen and the text is barely readable.

here is an example : http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6674/printscreenj.jpg
You can set the DPI of text using Windows. In Win7, you just right-click the desktop and under "Screen Resolution" is "Make text or other items larger or smaller". Caveat... This is likely to mess up the layout of Enigma and the way things fit together.
mad_max034

Post by mad_max034 »

I don't want to change the hole windows scaling to be able to read easily the text from rainmeter ... there is really no way to get this done inside the program ???
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

mad_max034 wrote:I don't want to change the hole windows scaling to be able to read easily the text from rainmeter ... there is really no way to get this done inside the program ???
It's really not about "the program". The skin Enigma has a certain look and feel designed by the author of the skin. Rainmeter just does what it is told. Having said that, there is a file called UserVariables.inc in the Skins\Enigma\Resources folder in My Documents\Rainmeter that I believe has FontSize settings in it. You can change the sizes of the font there. However, I will again warn that this is likely to have a cascading effect of requiring you to edit the .ini files for the skins to move things around so things fit and are laid out appropriately.