It is currently April 20th, 2024, 1:25 pm

[Feature] Launcher Creator/RSS+

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Feature] Launcher Creator/RSS+

Post by Alex2539 »

I never meant to imply that you, yourself were lazy. The real lazy ones wouldn't have even bothered with a post here ;). Rather a GUI would incite such laziness and potentially promote an overall drop in the creativity seen in Rainmeter skins.

At this point, I'm sure you must realize that most of us here just plain aren't fans of the GUI idea. As such there is virtually no chance of it being implemented. If you, or someone you know, have the programming capabilities to create such a program, then you are by all means welcome to. Not meaning to speak for them, I can say with near certainty that our development team won't do it.

I understand where you're coming from. There are time where I too think "it would be really nice to just click and be done with it." The idea isn't outlandish in the least. A similar program called Samurize has its components created solely using a GUI. The point here is that for Rainmeter, and Rainmeter alone, this just isn't the sort of thing that we consider a need or priority.
ImageImageImageImage
Yoshimanitsu

Re: [Feature] Launcher Creator/RSS+

Post by Yoshimanitsu »

hmmm. Well I'm still in school learning programming right now, so I dont yet have the capabilities for all that