It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:35 pm

[request] a way to display top 5 process by RAM usage

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
fred_gaou

[request] a way to display top 5 process by RAM usage

Post by fred_gaou »

Hi,

At my knowledge, there is no alternative to display top 5 process by RAM usage on windows 8.1.

The TopProcesses.dll 2.2.0.1 x64 crashes rainmeter v3.1.0.2290 x64 on Win8.1 pro x64 :-(

It would be useful to have an AdvancedCPU equivalent for RAM usage with an exclude option ;-)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [request] a way to display top 5 process by RAM usage

Post by Yincognito »

The TopProcesses.dll 2.2.0.1 x64 crashes rainmeter v3.1.0.2290 x64 on Win8.1 pro x64
And this happens if you use different TopProcesses/Rainmeter version, or just for this particular setup? I'm asking this because I "heard" people on this forum having the same OS and running TopProcesses without a glitch.

The TopProcesses plugin didn't change for a while, so if the problem happens only when using particular versions of Rainmeter, the root of the issue may well not be the plugin...
fred_gaou

Post by fred_gaou »

I tried some other versions of TopProcesses.dll but always on the same setup base.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

I see. Well, you could try the other way around : one or two backward versions of Rainmeter, using those plugins. Just to be sure or out of curiousity. Sometimes Rainmeter deprecates stuff...I don't know, it is one possible cause, maybe?

I'll probably test Rainmeter vs my skins (which include TopProcesses manipulation) on a VM in Windows 8.1 and 10 Technical Preview and I could confirm the problems, but first I have to finish my collection of skins 8-) It won't take very long, as I'll start making the Weather skin (the last of the "collection") pretty soon.
fred_gaou

Post by fred_gaou »

Feedbacks from your future tests on VM will be appreciated. Now I'm waiting for the ailia top process plugin release. Much hope about it.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Yep. Me too - looking forward to it.
fred_gaou

Post by fred_gaou »

Is there an alternative to get the 5 top RAM processes?

I'm still astonished that rainmeter can't do that with a built-in plugin after all these years, an AdvancedCPU equivalent for all other counters.

Please @jsmorley make it happen. None of the third party plugin work on my System due to it's french.
fred_gaou

Post by fred_gaou »

Rainmeter 4 and windows 10 and still no way to achieve this task.

See Rainmeter Top Processes topic to get feedback about third party plugins that are unstable.

Why are we in this situation while so many users are concerned?
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

If you have a US version of Windows, you can use "NomFerp",plugin for the CPU and memory. But as I said, only for US Windows version.