It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:07 pm

Show on Mouse Over

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
boses

Show on Mouse Over

Post by boses »

When I first got this program, I wanted to be able to recreate the windows toolbar except on the top of the screen with Weather, Music, Time/Date, News, etc. At first I tried to combine all the skins into the Enigma Taskbar Skin which turned successful. However, I would really like a auto-hide effect similar to the Windows Taskbar. The 'Hide on Mouse Over' option is perfect for this except it does the exact opposite effect.

To compromise, I set HideOnMouseover=2 (which is similar to the FadeIn Transparency effect) and set the Alpha value to 1 (basically complete transparency). However, when it fades in, it looses transparency completely unlike the Hide on Mouse Over effect where it has the same transparency as it returns.

Question: Can we simply have a 'Show On Mouse Over' effect or a similar effect? I know many would like this feature as we like space on our desktop and only care about features at certain times. Thanks to all responses.
poiru
Developer

Re: Show on Mouse Over

Post by poiru »

You could use something like (under [Rainmeter]):

Code: Select all

MouseOverAction=!execute [!RainmeterShowMeter MeterMenu][!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseLeaveAction=!execute [!RainmeterHideMeter MeterMenu][!RainmeterRedraw]
boses

Post by boses »

yes but like I said, I have all my skins or meters attached to the Enigma taskbar. Could you do the same thing with skins or more specifically, make a skin show/hide within itself so that way when it does hide, it doesn't go off the screen or it is unable to have a mouseover effect.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

It can be done, almost. Using !RainmeterMove bangs on mouseover and mouseleave, you have the bar positioned with only 1 pixel visible on screen when the mouse is away. The MouseOverAction would use !RainmeterMove to set it to the normal position.

Trouble with that is you would need a ShowConfig HideConfig for every skin you want in the bar.

A "grouping" system like I mentioned here or a "family" relationship setting, would help with the problem of having multiple skins "docked" to bar.

The family idea is probably the best bet. Each skin could be set as child to a parent and anything that happens to the parent happens to all children
boses

Post by boses »

After many hardships, I'm happy with my setup now. Thanks for the suggestion of moving. For anyone trying what I did (a rainmeter windows taskbar for the top of the screen with date/time/news/music/weather) you have to set your desktop work space in the main settings of rainmeter to have a negative y value to allow the taskbar to move upward to only show 1 pixel.