It is currently April 25th, 2024, 11:09 am

!Focus and !Unfocus bangs

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Virginityrocks

!Focus and !Unfocus bangs

Post by Virginityrocks »

I've already posted something about this before, but I would like to repeat my request. Please allow authors to control the focus of skins though [!Focus "Skin\Name"] and [!Unfocus "Skin\Name"] bangs. 8-) My suite would particularly benefit from this option, as newly opened dropdown menus are closed based on an OnUnfocusAction event within the dropdown bar, which, since it is clicked on to open the dropdown menu, is the focused item, even after a new skin is opened. This means that the dropdown menus close if the user either opens an app or clicks anywhere else on the screen. However, this also means that I am limited to LeftMouseDownAction events, which react with LeftMouseUpAction events in the background, and cannot have any scroll up or scroll down buttons for users without mousewheels.

If I were able to [!Focus "Dropdown\Menu"] immediately after an [!ActivateConfig] bang, it would allow me to use the OnUnfocusAction within the Dropdown Menu's [Rainmeter] section instead of the Dropdown Bar's, giving the same effect but allowing more control of how the newly opened window is used, including the use of LeftMouseUpAction and buttons.

Alternatively, it may work if newly activated skins were immediately given focus.
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter