It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:04 pm

Rainmeter Randomly Stops Working

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
JamesAC
Developer

Rainmeter Randomly Stops Working

Post by JamesAC »

I have been using Rainmeter for quite a while and have not really experianced any problems. Recently, it has started to stop responding at random times.

Generally the whole program will freeze and it's CPU time will jump to around 50% according to Task Manager. The only way to get out of the program is to end the process.

I am currently using r223 on Vista 32-bit although it has happened with multiple releases.

I have created a dump which can be found here although as the program never alerts me of any problems this may be of no use.

I am planning to do some tests of the amount of time it takes before it crashes and will post the results soon

Hope someone can help
James
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Rainy
Developer

Re: Rainmeter Randomly Stops Working

Post by Rainy »

The dmp file shows that the program execution is in the MailMeter.dll. It's an unofficial plugin for Rainmeter so I cannot tell where exactly the problem is in it. Try removing it from the skin you are using and see if that helps.
JamesAC
Developer

Re: Rainmeter Randomly Stops Working

Post by JamesAC »

Ahh Thanks for the help,

I stopped using the skin containing that plugin as it had a large number of measures and meters and I thought that may be the problem and I havnt had a problem since then.

Thanks
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?