It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:36 am

Tray Icon in 2.3 r1304

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Mordasius

Tray Icon in 2.3 r1304

Post by Mordasius »

Sorry to say that I'm among those that are a little short of impressed by the new Rainmeter (2.3 r1304) icon in the Sys Tray. Obviously, you are not going to please anything close to most of the people all of the time, so perhaps you could add a feature so that the icon can be changed by the user (as with main.ico and tray.ico in Utorrent).
KreAch3R

Re: 2.3 r1304 Sys Tray Icon

Post by KreAch3R »

You can change the tray icon. Add this to Rainmeter.ini:

Code: Select all

[TrayMeasure]
Measure=CALC
TrayMeter=BITMAP
TrayBitmap=Icon\Rainmeter.ico
and add the necessary Icon folder inside Skins. Mine now:

r0k

Rainmeter icon.

Post by r0k »

Hello. :welcome:
Well, it's easier to suggest features than it is to code them. I will never be angry if a suggestion i make is not implemented.

That being said, while many people seem to love the new icon, others don't. As for myself i can't say whether i like it or not cause i can hardly see it :confused:
As it will probably be impossible to find an icon that will make everyone happy, maybe adding a possibility to load an external .png or .ico in the [Rainmeter] section of Rainmeter.ini as the tray icon would be nice.
I know it's already possible to trick this using a bitmap in tray measure but that's more tricky.
BTW, it would be nice if a custom icon could be specified in the [Rainmeter] section of a skin but that could be troublesome if several skins try to specify different icons. It would be good only for full skin suites.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

You must be getting the wrong icon due to your DPI settings. Can you confirm that you do not get the white icon in the image below?

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

As was stated, you CAN use any ico, bmp, jpg or png image you want for the Rainmeter Notification area icon. It just must be 16x16 pixels and stored in a folder you create in your ..\Skins folder in My Documents.

This explains exactly how to do it: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-TrayIconCustomization
Seahorse

Re: Tray Icon in 2.3 r1304

Post by Seahorse »

Cool, where is the image file for the old one please?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Seahorse wrote:Cool, where is the image file for the old one please?
Here.
poiru
Developer

Fixed icon with high DPI

Post by poiru »

This test version (2.3-r1306) should fix the icon with high DPI. Let us know what you think.
r0k

Post by r0k »

I still have the old icon (r1306)
This icon is the only one i find inside Rainmeter.exe and there is no icon in the dll so not sure where the new one is :???:

jsmorley wrote:As was stated, you CAN use any ico, bmp, jpg or png image you want for the Rainmeter Notification area icon. It just must be 16x16 pixels and stored in a folder you create in your ..\Skins folder in My Documents.

This explains exactly how to do it: http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-TrayIconCustomization
Sure. You can also take a flight from New York to Sidney, then to Moscow, then to Paris. Thought it's easier to take a direct flight to Paris :sly: ;-)

Hum, OK now i :hush:
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

KreAch3R wrote:You can change the tray icon. Add this to Rainmeter.ini:

Code: Select all

[TrayMeasure]
Measure=CALC
TrayMeter=BITMAP
TrayBitmap=Icon\Rainmeter.ico
Thank you for that. ...nothing makes me feel more of a dimwit than waking up to find I've suggested a feature that alreay exists :oops: