It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 7:08 pm

Click else where to hide meter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
taipan_snake

Click else where to hide meter

Post by taipan_snake »

It might be an interesting feature to allow hiding a meter by clicking somewhere on the screen where there is no Rainmeter? Would this be possible? Thanks!
Chewtoy

Re: Click else where to hide meter

Post by Chewtoy »

taipan_snake wrote:It might be an interesting feature to allow hiding a meter by clicking somewhere on the screen where there is no Rainmeter? Would this be possible? Thanks!
Ehum... So. Clicking somewhere, anywhere, on the desktop, without it being any rainmeter just where you click hides rainmeter?
That does not seem very smart in my eyes...
It' better to have hidden meter in that case. A button with no colour.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
taipan_snake

Post by taipan_snake »

Wow, that was quick...

But the problem with a transparent image somewhere is that it would make any open windows unclickable, or it would be covered by the open windows.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

It depends on where you placed rainmeter and the button.

Besides, if you got fullscreen, why hide rainmeter when it's already covered by the program you are runnig?
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
taipan_snake

Post by taipan_snake »

Well, ok, here's the full story:

I'm trying to make a top bar config, that is always visible thanks to Desktop Coral. It has buttons which activates other meters. What i want is to be able to click elsewhere on the screen to hide the meters, not all of Rainmeter. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help guys:)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

taipan_snake wrote:It might be an interesting feature to allow hiding a meter by clicking somewhere on the screen where there is no Rainmeter? Would this be possible? Thanks!
As stated, not possible.

You must click on a Rainmeter skin, even if set to an alpha of 1 so it is invisible, for Rainmeter to react to it. So you would have to have a skin which in effect was nothing but a big image meter set to ImageColor=0,0,0,1 the full size of your screen with nothing on it but a big mouse action which hides other skins.

You could get a less hideous solution by creating a small invisible image meter and putting it in the top left corner of your monitor. Have a mouse over action on that which hides all your other skins on mouse over and restores them on mouse leave, or with a left click action that toggles them off and on when you click up in the corner. That way you could set up a "hot spot" that would do what you want. I know Dragonmage has actually been working on a full blown "hot spot" skin for Rainmeter that would let you define areas on the screen that you could set with any !execute action you want. So you could have your top left corner hide Rainmeter, your top right corner minimize all windows except Rainmeter, your left edge format your hard drive and your right edge automatically open "upskirts.com".
taipan_snake

Post by taipan_snake »

Hmm...I see, thanks anyway!
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

taipan-snake, you can create an invisible hot-spot with Clickthrough set and a MouseOverAction to hide the stuff you want hidden. It wouldn't be a "click anywhere" solution, but it would do what you want by mousing to a corner or bumping a screen edge.