It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:41 am

Customizable Tray Icon?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Samus Aran

Customizable Tray Icon?

Post by Samus Aran »

I just reinstalled Rainmeter after a heavy computer crash, and first I gotta say, it's still awesome :mrgreen:

I saw that the tray icon is a CPU meter now, but that just doesn't fit with Windows' own taskmanager next to it.
Wouldn't it be better if there was an option to decide what icon to use?
(Raindrop icon, CPU meter, own icon - please name the path,)
sgtevmckay

Re: Customizable Tray Icon?

Post by sgtevmckay »

Samus Aran

Post by Samus Aran »

But altering this .dll is way too difficult if you want to change the icons just for the sake of changing them.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Just offered up as a quick solution
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Samus Aran wrote:I just reinstalled Rainmeter after a heavy computer crash, and first I gotta say, it's still awesome :mrgreen:

I saw that the tray icon is a CPU meter now, but that just doesn't fit with Windows' own taskmanager next to it.
Just remove the [TrayMeasure] section from Rainmeter.ini and it will return to the normal "raindrop" icon.
Arne Anka

Post by Arne Anka »

Samus Aran wrote:I just reinstalled Rainmeter after a heavy computer crash, and first I gotta say, it's still awesome :mrgreen:

Maybe you can use something from Custom TrayMeter Pack #1 and/or Pack #2? They can be found at Kenz0's site
Livet är bara en period man ska överleva.
Som filosoferna säger: man föds, man lever och man dör ensam...
kenz0
Developer

Post by kenz0 »

Probably this is the most concise solution to display a specific image.

Add this code to your Rainmeter.ini.

Code: Select all

[TrayMeasure]
Measure=calc
TrayMeter=BITMAP
TrayBitmap="ImagePath"
You can define any image by absolute or relative path.
You can use not only ICO but also BMP, GIF, PNG...etc (But it is only ICO that the alpha channel works normally.)
The size of the image should be 16x16. If larger than it, the image will automatically cropped from the upper left.

Note:
Since BITMAP needs the value of a some Measure, Measure is not omissible. If Measure is omitted, Traymeter will crash.
Well, if CALC does not get a value, it is Measure which nothing carries out. It only returns nothing but 0. Then, if this is used, the first frame can be specified at any time.
(When BITMAP is used even in case of the image without the frame, it needs to define a something frame number.)
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kenz0 wrote: Probably this is the most concise solution to display a specific image.

Add this code to your Rainmeter.ini.

Code: Select all

[TrayMeasure]
Measure=calc
TrayMeter=BITMAP
TrayBitmap="ImagePath"
You can define any image by absolute or relative path.
You can use not only ICO but also BMP, GIF, PNG...etc (But it is only ICO that the alpha channel works normally.)
The size of the image should be 16x16. If larger than it, the image will automatically cropped from the upper left.

Note:
Since BITMAP needs the value of a some Measure, Measure is not omissible. If Measure is omitted, Traymeter will crash.
Well, if CALC does not get a value, it is Measure which nothing carries out. It only returns nothing but 0. Then, if this is used, the first frame can be specified at any time.
(When BITMAP is used even in case of the image without the frame, it needs to define a something frame number.)
This is a very clear and well written explanation kenz0, can you add it to RainWiki?
kenz0
Developer

Post by kenz0 »

jsmorley wrote: This is a very clear and well written explanation kenz0, can you add it to RainWiki?
Sure, sometime soon.