It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:17 am

Relative Meter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Kaelri
Developer

Relative Meter

Post by Kaelri »

Code: Select all

[OriginalMeter]
Meter=STRING
X=0
Y=0
FontFace=Calibri
FontColor=255,255,255
FontSize=10
StringStyle=NORMAL
StringAlign=RIGHT
AntiAlias=1
Text="Something fascinating."

[CopyMeter]
Meter=R
Y=10r
Except1=AntiAlias
Except2=StringAlign
This "meter" would copy all of the keys and values of the meter preceding it, excepting any that are explicitly omitted or redefined. In this example, [CopyMeter] would be rendered as a String meter with all of [OriginalMeter]'s properties - color, size, style, etc. - but would have a new Y position, and would not be anti-aliased or right-aligned.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Relative Meter

Post by Alex2539 »

So how would you define it? Just by leaving out "Meter="? That seems prone to error (ie: i've done it before by accident). Perhaps use "Meter=COPY". This would be useful though. Especially for those times where you have a dozen (or two) repetitions of the same thing, slightly altered each time.
ImageImageImageImage
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Alex2539 wrote:So how would you define it? Just by leaving out "Meter="? That seems prone to error (ie: i've done it before by accident). Perhaps use "Meter=COPY". This would be useful though. Especially for those times where you have a dozen (or two) repetitions of the same thing, slightly altered each time.
Well, in the example above I use "Meter=R." The name is arbitrary, of course; the method is the same.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

Ah, I missed that. I must have assumed it was some other property. That's what I get for not reading ;).
ImageImageImageImage
Dave_W

Post by Dave_W »

Sorry to drag up an old point, but this could save me a lot of work on something I'm looking at - and, in my opinion, make a lot of skins (particularly reader skins or launcher skins) much easier to read for novices like me.

Is this something that got actioned or added to the list, or was it not taken any further?
gschoppe
Developer

Post by gschoppe »

check out styles and includes from the rainmeter 1.1 upcoming release
Dave_W

Post by Dave_W »

Ah! Meterstyle looks like what I need.

Awesome, thanks.