It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:08 am

[Suggestion]BarImage for Line Meter

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [Suggestion]BarImage for Line Meter

Post by jsmorley »

GamingZacharyC wrote: June 1st, 2021, 2:01 pm So the problem with all of these solutions is that all of them require a solid background. Currently, I'm making a suite of skins in the style of the illustro (default) pack. Here's what I currently have, and what I want to have can be found in the original post.

img.png
I don't see how any solid background is really required in any of the solutions.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=500
DynamicWindowSize=1
AccurateText=1

[Variables]

[MeasureValue]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Random
LowBound=0
HighBound=100

[MeterGradientShape]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 5,5,210,70 | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill LinearGradient MyGradient
MyGradient= 90 | 0,0,200,255 ; 0.1 | 0,255,0,255 ; 0.5 | 255,0,0,255 ; 0.9
Container=MeterLine

[MeterLine]
Meter=Line
MeasureName=MeasureValue
X=5
Y=5
W=210
H=70
LineCount=1
LineColor=255,255,255,255
AutoScale=1
AntiAlias=1

1.jpg

Don't be fooled into thinking that just because [MeterGradientShape] is a solid rectangle, that that means that the meter will have a solid background. [MeterGradientShape] is being used as as "content" for a "Container", and ONLY the pixels in it that correspond to a solid pixel in the Container that it is put in will be drawn at all. The rest of the content meter, no matter what it would look like on its own, just doesn't exist.

https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/meters/general-options/container/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

GamingZacharyC wrote: June 1st, 2021, 2:01 pm So the problem with all of these solutions is that all of them require a solid background. Currently, I'm making a suite of skins in the style of the illustro (default) pack. Here's what I currently have, and what I want to have can be found in the original post.
The illustro skins by default have a background, so if you're working with a skin (or skins) with the same style, they will have a background, but as jsmorley said, this is not required to achieve something which has been asked here. So at least if I'm not mistaken you're talking about something else than what have been asked. For illustro style skins background is required, for Line meters which use a container to have an image for the line instead of a single color no solid background needed (see jsmorley's reply above).
GamingZacharyC

Post by GamingZacharyC »

So I think my problem was that I didn't read through the skin itself, but rather saw that everyone's skins when copy-pasted had black backgrounds. If I had bothered to read through them, I would've seen that they used something I was unfamiliar with until about half an hour ago: Containers. With some minor modifications to the shapes and lines you guys shared, I came up with:

Code: Select all

[GradientUpload]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,196,75 | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill LinearGradient MyGradient
MyGradient= 90 | 130,94,212,255 ; 0.0 | 255,122,210,255 ; 1.0
Container=graphLineUpload

[graphLineUpload]
Meter=Line
X=6
Y=97
H=73
W=197
LineCount=1
MeasureName=measureNetOut
Scale=1
LineColor=0,155,255,255
LineWidth=1
AntiAlias=1

[GradientDownload]
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle 0,0,196,75 | StrokeWidth 0 | Fill LinearGradient MyGradient
MyGradient= 90 | 45,217,236,255 ; 0.0 | 111,255,237,255 ; 0.35 | 114,255,188,255 ; 1.0
Container=graphLineDownload

[graphLineDownload]
Meter=Line
X=6
Y=97
H=73
W=197
LineCount=1
MeasureName=measureNetIn
Scale=1
LineColor=0,155,255,255
LineWidth=1
AntiAlias=1
img.png
These are the official Speedtest gradients by the way. See this PDF by Ookla's parent company for more.

Conclusion: A workaround exists, though it would be nice to have this included like it is in the Line meter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: May 29th, 2021, 2:28 am Building on the image version, you could use a shape meter with the same dimensions as the line meter with a gradient fill that is revealed by the value of the line meter.
Very much like this - I apply this to linear / rectangular progress "bars", but didn't thought of applying it like this to a line meter or histogram. Looks great! :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Yincognito wrote: June 18th, 2021, 4:59 pm Very much like this - I apply this to linear / rectangular progress "bars", but didn't thought of applying it like this to a line meter or histogram. Looks great! :thumbup:
Yeah, I'm still finding different "effects" that containers of different meter types can have when controlling other meters. :o

I've enjoyed following your bar thread discussion with death.crafter that created the highlighted moving bar over the progress.

Keep experimenting! :great:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 18th, 2021, 5:51 pmI've enjoyed following your bar thread discussion with death.crafter that created the highlighted moving bar over the progress.

Keep experimenting! :great:
We've gone to circles and ellipses nowadays, LMAO...
Apparently we are dissecting every geometrical figure on that front, hihihi!
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth