It is currently April 18th, 2024, 6:27 pm

[NOT A BUG] Substitute On Refresh

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [BUG] Substitute On Refresh

Post by jsmorley »

You just won't be able to use anything that doesn't yet "exist" when the MeasureName option is created on the meter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [BUG] Substitute On Refresh

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: September 15th, 2020, 6:19 pm You just won't be able to use anything that doesn't yet "exist" when the MeasureName option is created on the meter.
Got it. Ok, will try a few things to workaround the 2 issues I have (this one and the variable resulted from a formula in a regex quantifier one) and will let you know how that goes. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [NOT A BUG] Substitute On Refresh

Post by Yincognito »

Yep, solved the thing: applied the recommended ^0$ substitute and created a separate measure for the value used in the regex quantifier (previously I tried to "merge" two measures into one to save space, but it's better this way). In other occasions when I could notice this issue I probably failed to do it also because I use a lot numbering from 0 (and not 1) and employ the "(?:^$|^0$)":"SomeDefaultString" intensively. In other words, I usually already apply your workaround, but for other reasons and without knowing what happens if I don't. Now I found out, simply because due to the circumstances, I dealt with values different from 0 in the substitute at refresh time.

Thanks for the guidance - much appreciated. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth