It is currently April 18th, 2024, 9:12 pm

[Bug?] UsageMonitor plugin error

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [Bug?] UsageMonitor plugin error

Post by jsmorley »

tjhrulz wrote: August 9th, 2020, 2:35 am Well and for sure if I do this route it would be an option I would add and not on by default, I just know it has been a issue the community has with this and has prevented some people from switching.
Fair enough...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Just be sure that whatever you are fixing / changing / adding is well documented.
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

jsmorley wrote: August 9th, 2020, 2:37 am Just be sure that whatever you are fixing / changing / adding is well documented.
Yeah I would hope that kinda goes without saying (Although what am I saying it really doesn't). So I guess I have then kind of an idea then of everything we are going to add for a version 1.1 then

Although first is making sure this bug is truly fixed I don't wanna go adding new features and think a bug regressed only to figure out it was there all along
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

tjhrulz wrote: August 9th, 2020, 3:21 am Yeah I would hope that kinda goes without saying (Although what am I saying it really doesn't). So I guess I have then kind of an idea then of everything we are going to add for a version 1.1 then

Although first is making sure this bug is truly fixed I don't wanna go adding new features and think a bug regressed only to figure out it was there all along
Yeah, it's true that I didn't insist in checking in the previous plugins if the bottom ones were 0 or not, and now ever since I use yours that info just got obsolete and went out of my head (I have this capacity, to intentionally put stuff in my mind in background, LOL). All I'm saying that it was a bit of a shock when I switched to UsageMonitor and got those blanks where it was previously data, in the top 5 processes scenario. Now it doesn't matter so much, but if it was made optional through some option like you discussed with jsmorley, I would most definitely enable it.

As for errors from your plugin, still none in my case. :great:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
pul53dr1v3r

Post by pul53dr1v3r »

So, after testing it during three days and for more than 30 hours i have to say that there is not the error anymore. It's been fixed in the latest version of the plugin. :rosegift: to Tjh

i also support the option where the users can enable or disable 0% (MB,KB) processes, but if the processes have some usage that's too low (e.g. 0,002%) not absolute 0 and therefore showed as 0 or 0.0. Otherwise i don't see any use of monitoring that processes but the option wouldn't hurt even in that case.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Agreed with pul53dr1v3r. It's about processes that do have some usage and are more or less forcefully flattened to 0%, not about those that have no usage at all. The decision to add such an option is yours, of course. As long as it doesn't affect the plugin's own very low impact on CPU usage, such an option wouldn't hurt.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

pul53dr1v3r wrote: August 10th, 2020, 7:14 pm So, after testing it during three days and for more than 30 hours i have to say that there is not the error anymore. It's been fixed in the latest version of the plugin. :rosegift: to Tjh

i also support the option where the users can enable or disable 0% (MB,KB) processes, but if the processes have some usage that's too low (e.g. 0,002%) not absolute 0 and therefore showed as 0 or 0.0. Otherwise i don't see any use of monitoring that processes but the option wouldn't hurt even in that case.
I also can confirm I have not seen the error either so I think we are good to go there so we can move past this. My fix for it could likely be scaled back a bit but I would rather I prevent astronomically small events from happening at a very slight performance hit than the reverse. So we seem to be good to go here, thanks everyone for the help and if you see any other error logs please let me know!
Asulter

Post by Asulter »

Hi, guys. Need help with my "GPU" Utilization meter. It just stopped working earlier today and I have no idea what happened.

I am using Sonder https://www.deviantart.com/michaelpurses/art/Sonder-Rainmeter-skin-838147223 by michaelpurses https://www.deviantart.com/michaelpurses, and I already talked to him regarding my problem--no fix yet.

I updated my Rainmeter to the latest beta (4.4.0.3433 beta), restarted my app, reinstalled the skin, and even attempted to reconfigure the "System.ini" file.

So basically, the "GPU" meter stopped working on the "System" variant for some reason. Every thing seems to be working fine on the "System-Advanced" variant tho--all measurements are appearing and working just fine.

Hope you guys can help me out on this. I'll greatly appreciate it, and hopefully will help the next person who will have the same problem.

Cheers!

Here's what's appearing on my log:

Code: Select all

DBUG (01:17:05.701) Sonder\System\System.ini - [measureGPU]: Could not find a category called GPU Engine
ERRO (01:17:05.845) : UsageMonitor crashed trying to update the PIDs
DBUG (01:17:05.846) : Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.
DBUG (01:17:05.847) :    at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetCategorySample(String category)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetCategorySample(String machine, String category)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.ReadCategory()

at UsageMonitor.Categories.UpdatePIDs()
ERRO (01:17:06.718) : UsageMonitor crashed trying to update the PIDs
And here's the default setting on the "System.ini" file:

Code: Select all

[measureGPU]
; GPU %
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=UsageMonitor
Alias=GPU
UpdateDivider=2
Disabled=(1-#ShowSystemGPU#)
Last edited by Asulter on February 22nd, 2021, 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I would start by following this guide:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=23156
Asulter

Post by Asulter »

jsmorley wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 5:23 pm I would start by following this guide:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=23156
You. Are. A. God.

Thank you!!! I thought I was gonna spend my entire evening fixing this! :bow: