It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:31 am

documentation on the new site is useless

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: documentation on the new site is useless

Post by eclectic-tech »

ZPos

I almost always use the search box at the top of the documentation, then follow a link to a manual page, and use "Ctrl+F" in my browser to find the term on the page...

Works pretty well for me. There is a lot of information in the documentation, and it can be frustrating sometimes to find a specific item, hopefully this method can help someone. :welcome:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

dvo wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:53 pm it is not how to find there is no info for it.... how 2 is this the old one? new suck like hell it gets you no where.... :Whistle
this looks like the old one .... if you try to search it ... forget it your running in circles with no info ...
manual 4.3 searchbar sucks give nothing to work with...a bit of bla bla not straight how to this wil keep newby's oway...
In the case of the !ZPos bang, it is defined in two ways:
1) In the bang I linked to (which does not tell you very much on how to use it) and
2) In the "Skin Section" of "Rainmeter.ini" where it is referred to as the "AlwaysOnTop" setting.

This may lead to some confusion and perhaps a change can be suggested; ranting will not help :uhuh:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

In the skin you can use "OnRefreshAction" to do this:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1

OnRefreshAction=[!ZPos -2]
This will force the skin to the desktop when it is loaded or refreshed.
I have done this in several full-screen skins, however I think it is better to let the end user determine the positioning of skins.
Forcing your desire setting every time the skin is loaded or refreshed is not very user friendly. :uhuh:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

The documentation has been in the same format and layout for several years at least. It is constantly added to or tweaked as things change in Rainmeter, but there is nothing "new" about it. In fact, it has been in more or less the same format for over 10 years.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:20 pm new documentation is made for coders not for beginner... could not find how to use anything
Did it change? I didn't notice...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:36 pm but the search goes to google.....
It always has been done by Google. I don't think anytime was otherwise.
dvo wrote: October 17th, 2019, 8:36 pm Zpos not findable with the search engine
It is. Enter ZPos in the search field. Open the first result. It's the page of the bangs. Through a Ctrl+F you can easily find the appropriate bang on the site.