It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:30 pm

Starting on startup

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
tarbear123

Starting on startup

Post by tarbear123 »

i think that they should add a feature that allows users to start ranmeter upon startup/login and fix the problem of some apps not opening when you click on them
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Starting on startup

Post by jsmorley »

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:Image
Yep, but this is on the installer window. Maybe a similar checkbox would be good to exist on the Manage Rainmeter dialog, too (for example on the Settings tab?).
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote:Yep, but this is on the installer window. Maybe a similar checkbox would be good to exist on the Manage Rainmeter dialog, too (for example on the Settings tab?).
No, we would rather not try to write to protected areas like Start Menu\Programs\Startup except during the installation process, when we ask for and are given explicit permission.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:No, we would rather not try to write to protected areas like Start Menu\Programs\Startup except during the installation process, when we ask for and are given explicit permission.
Well, from my point of view this is ok. Was just an idea.
My Rainmeter is and was always set to start on startup (and in plus I restart my system extremely rarely).
tarbear123

Post by tarbear123 »

balala wrote:Yep, but this is on the installer window. Maybe a similar checkbox would be good to exist on the Manage Rainmeter dialog, too (for example on the Settings tab?).
thats exacly what i want added to the options in rainmeter
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

tarbear123 wrote:thats exacly what i want added to the options in rainmeter
It really only takes seconds to re-install the latest Rainmeter and ensure that checkbox is checked. Nothing else will be changed.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

tarbear123 wrote:thats exacly what i want added to the options in rainmeter
See jsmorley's reply above: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=150473#p150473
michaelreid2019

Post by michaelreid2019 »

jsmorley wrote: July 16th, 2018, 6:38 pm It really only takes seconds to re-install the latest Rainmeter and ensure that checkbox is checked. Nothing else will be changed.
Wanted to check if Rainmeter is being updated automatically? Just in case...

buy cheap essays
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

michaelreid2019 wrote: January 10th, 2019, 2:24 pm Wanted to check if Rainmeter is being updated automatically? Just in case...

buy cheap essays
No. Rainmeter is never automatically updated. If there is a new "release" version available, and you do not disable version check in settings, it will inform you that a new version is available, but will only offer to take you to the main site to download it if you wish.

We do strongly encourage all users to stay current with at least the latest "release" version, and recommend that you stay current with the latest "beta" version, although that takes a bit more commitment, as no notification of beta versions is done. It's up to you, but do stay current with the latest "release" at a minimum.