It is currently October 22nd, 2018, 2:33 am

[Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
User avatar
StArL0rd84
Posts: 263
Joined: February 8th, 2015, 10:07 pm
Location: EU, Denmark.

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

StArL0rd84 » April 15th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Would be nice to know what process is currently full screen.
User avatar
kyriakos876
Posts: 710
Joined: January 30th, 2017, 2:01 am

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

kyriakos876 » April 15th, 2018, 10:28 pm

StArL0rd84 wrote:Would be nice to know what process is currently full screen.
Maybe this plugin can help you with that.
fadedrobin
Posts: 4
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 12:30 am

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

fadedrobin » April 16th, 2018, 12:32 am

Is there a way to fix the desktop thing because it thinks my desktop is a fullscreen window?
User avatar
kyriakos876
Posts: 710
Joined: January 30th, 2017, 2:01 am

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

kyriakos876 » April 16th, 2018, 12:53 am

fadedrobin wrote:Is there a way to fix the desktop thing because it thinks my desktop is a fullscreen window?
I don't know, but you can probably exclude your desktop.
User avatar
StArL0rd84
Posts: 263
Joined: February 8th, 2015, 10:07 pm
Location: EU, Denmark.

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

StArL0rd84 » April 16th, 2018, 5:19 am

kyriakos876 wrote:Maybe this plugin can help you with that.
ahh I see. I'll test that. Tnx
fadedrobin
Posts: 4
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 12:30 am

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

fadedrobin » April 16th, 2018, 2:55 pm

kyriakos876 wrote:I don't know, but you can probably exclude your desktop.
How would I go about doing that?
User avatar
kyriakos876
Posts: 710
Joined: January 30th, 2017, 2:01 am

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

kyriakos876 » April 16th, 2018, 4:18 pm

fadedrobin wrote:How would I go about doing that?
I actually tried it and I don't get the desktop as fullscreen.... so this works normally:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1

[MeasureQuickBang]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=QuickBang
InfoType=ActiveProcess
InfoType=IsFullScreen
HandleUpdate=1
Showlog=1

[MeasureFullScreenAction]
Measure=String
String=[MeasureQuickBang:]
IfMatch=1
IfMatchAction=[!ShowMeter MeterIs][!HideMeter MeterIsNot][!Update]
IfNotMatchAction=[!ShowMeter MeterIsNot][!HideMeter MeterIs][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterIs]
Meter=String
Text="Something is full screen"
FontColor=255,255,0
FontSize=20
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1

[MeterIsNot]
Meter=String
Text="Nothing is full screen."
FontColor=255,255,0
FontSize=20
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1
fadedrobin
Posts: 4
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 12:30 am

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

fadedrobin » April 16th, 2018, 5:13 pm

kyriakos876 wrote:I actually tried it and I don't get the desktop as fullscreen.... so this works normally:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1

[MeasureQuickBang]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=QuickBang
InfoType=ActiveProcess
InfoType=IsFullScreen
HandleUpdate=1
Showlog=1

[MeasureFullScreenAction]
Measure=String
String=[MeasureQuickBang:]
IfMatch=1
IfMatchAction=[!ShowMeter MeterIs][!HideMeter MeterIsNot][!Update]
IfNotMatchAction=[!ShowMeter MeterIsNot][!HideMeter MeterIs][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeterIs]
Meter=String
Text="Something is full screen"
FontColor=255,255,0
FontSize=20
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1

[MeterIsNot]
Meter=String
Text="Nothing is full screen."
FontColor=255,255,0
FontSize=20
AntiAlias=1
Hidden=1
Now when I use it it doesn't think the desktop is a full screen app after a restart? That's weird and not very consistent.
User avatar
StArL0rd84
Posts: 263
Joined: February 8th, 2015, 10:07 pm
Location: EU, Denmark.

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

StArL0rd84 » April 16th, 2018, 6:24 pm

kyriakos876 wrote:Maybe this plugin can help you with that.
Tested it and it does not work with full screen games. Only desktop applications :(
User avatar
jsmorley
Developer
Posts: 18152
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 11:02 pm
Location: Fort Hunt, Virginia, USA

Re: [Suggestion] Rainmeter should know when a fullscreen application is running

jsmorley » April 16th, 2018, 6:52 pm

My plugin will detect any full-screen window on the primary screen that has "focus", and I have found it to be reliable with desktop apps and games, and it specifically ignores the window created by the Windows Desktop.

It doesn't, and can't really, know what "program" owns this window, as it is strictly based on the window "handle". It's just asking "Is the window that currently has focus running in full-screen mode?" In general, "programs" aren't full-screen, "windows" are. It could probably be done, and anyone that wants to is welcome to track back through the breadcrumbs to retrieve the PID and thus the name of the program that started the window, but I'd rather not bulk up this plugin with that. It's free to change and distribute as you see fit though.

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=122046#p122046