It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:21 am

Rainmeter 3+AkelPad=Bug

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
[RUS]lan

Rainmeter 3+AkelPad=Bug

Post by [RUS]lan »

3.3.2 Final Release (r2609) Win XP
Run rainmeter and AkelPad. Right-click on Rainmeter. All. Right click in the system is not functioning. Rainmeter still sometimes does this when running Avant Browser, maybe running other programs need to check. There is some problem need to fix. Because on Windows XP there is no choice - v4 is not working.
Brian
Developer

Re: Rainmeter 3+AkelPad=Bug

Post by Brian »

I am not seeing any issue running Rainmeter and AkelPad.

Could you provide us with a little more information?

First, could you describe what exactly is happening? I didn't understand what steps you are describing here: "Right-click on Rainmeter. All. Right click in the system is not functioning."
Second, what skins are you running, and can you provide links to them so that we can test?
Third (optional), is it possible to provide a short video of what is happening? You can use GifCam to make a short .gif file and upload here on the forums.

Here is what I tested:
Machine: Windows XP SP2 64-bit (using VirtualBox VM)
Rainmeter: 3.3.2 r2609 64-bit
AkelPad 4.9.8 (both 32 and 64 bit)

I started Rainmeter then AkelPad. I couldn't get Rainmeter or AkelPad to crash. Everything seemed to work as it should. :confused:

-Brian
[RUS]lan

Post by [RUS]lan »

Can enter remote to the computer and I'll show you via TeamViewer? You can contact via Skype (text only).
TeamViewer https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerPortable.zip
Details:
1. Run both programs
2. Several times we click, right-click on Rainmeter or on the widget. Menu cease to pop up
3. Try clicking right mouse button on the desktop control panel, open programs and Windows Explorer this menu no POPs up.
4. Ctrl+Alt+Del won't open either :)
In the video and the GIF is not visible, you have to watch remote
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

[RUS]lan wrote:Can enter remote to the computer and I'll show you via TeamViewer? You can contact via Skype (text only).
Due to my limited schedule, I don't really have the time to debug this with you with TeamViewer or Skype. Sorry.

All the menus seem to work fine for me:
WindowsXP-Rainmeter-AkelPad.gif
[Click to animate]

As you can see, I am not seeing any issue with Rainmeter or AkelPad at all - particularly with the menu systems of Rainmeter, AkelPad, or Window XP itself. It's possible that some skin and/or plugin you are running is causing the issue for you. It is also possible that some other program's or the OS itself is causing something to happen. It's just going to be difficult to fix a problem on an OS that 15 years old.

Rainmeter has moved on from supporting Windows XP and we will no longer be supporting it going forward. It's time to move on.

-Brian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I have to second that. I'm sorry, but there is no conceivable excuse for running XP at this point. None...