It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:02 pm

HexIcon v1.0

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
KryptOnyx

HexIcon v1.0

Post by KryptOnyx »

Hi Everyone...well I finally managed to put it all together.
Instructions are in the MetaData and I have commented in the Code if people want to look through it.
The most important thing is to have a Folder on your Desktop called SHORTCUTS (or edit the code to point the BaseFolderPathTemplate Variable anywhere).
The Launcher variant will use that to collect Icons and FilePaths.
HexIcon_1.0.rmskin
Apologies if anything has gone astray...it's 3:15am and I'm off to bed.
Cheers! :great:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everything happens for a Reason, and could Not happen any other way.
Judian81

Re: HexIcon v1.0

Post by Judian81 »

fist of all. sleep goed.

ik have installed the skin. but my question is how do i build my links? and save when have done editing?
Judian81

Post by Judian81 »

You have to change this
BaseFolderPathTemplate=C:\Users\[mGetUser]\Desktop\Shortcuts\

There are two ways you can add a path.

if you want to use userprofile as path. it then works in every account.
BaseFolderPathTemplate="%UserProfile%\Desktop\Shortcuts\"

i think this is the best way.
BaseFolderPathTemplate="#CURRENTPATH#Shortcuts\"
; ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ======
; HexIcon will read Shortcuts from a Folder called SHORTCUTS on your Desktop.
; ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ====== ======
;Configurator : Set Hex pattern and Sequence of Tiles.
;Method of Defining a Pattern :
; - Left Click on the Canvas and a Tile is placed.
; - Left Click any Tile and the Last Tile in the Sequence is removed.
; - Middle Click on the Canvas to Remove ALL Tiles.
; - Middle Click on ANY Tile to Update Launcher Skin with current Pattern.
; --==>> If you set your Pattern closest to Top Left the Launcher will Auto Size and you
; will be able to Drag the HexIcon Tile for better placement.
sorry i did not read this before. thanks for making this skin public. i look forward to make use if it.
KryptOnyx

Post by KryptOnyx »

Judian81 wrote: August 28th, 2021, 9:49 pm thanks for making this skin public. i look forward to make use if it.
Thanks for trying it.
Many thanks also go to Death.Crafter and Yincognito for their help.

One thing to be aware of in this version...The Configurator variant writes these Variables into the Launcher...
TileCount, Hex_Type, Hex_Radius, Tile_Gap, Tile_Border_Width, IconSize, and IconWH.
And the relevant Tile data...
Hex_Tile_#TileCount# X, Hex_Tile_#TileCount# Y, Hex_Tile_#TileCount# Group, and TileIcon_#TileCount# Group.

--> If you change ANY of these in the Launcher, they will be replaced when you Save in the Configurator.

Also, for your "how do i build my links? and save when have done editing?" question...in regard to your answer with the BaseFolderPathTemplate variable, there is no building of links as other Launchers use.
The FileView Plugin can read Icons and Paths from Shorcuts and Files in the BaseFolderPathTemplate path.

As a suggestion, create a folder on your Desktop called SHORTCUTS, Copy all Shortcuts that are on your Desktop and Paste then into that Folder.
Load HexIcon and see them appear in the Tiles.
** Sometimes the Tiles are blank, we don't know why, but scroll up/down with mouse wheel and the Icons appear.**

Thanks again for trying HexIcon.
Everything happens for a Reason, and could Not happen any other way.