It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:42 am

Slideshow with Transitions

Skins with graphics and animations
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Slideshow with Transitions

Post by balala »

This skin can display a slideshow of the images contained into a folder. It has 3 transition effects, choosed randomly (Fade, Stretch and Vertical Slide). The skin can open the just displayed image and it can be paused. It comes into 2 dimensions: fell free to use the buttons displayed when you goes with the mouse cursor over it.
Befor first use you must set the folder which contains the images. This can be done using the included SlideshowConfig.exe. Also,you may set the following variables:
- ChangeTime is the durration on which an image is displayed (in seconds)
- EffectDuration is the durration of transition (in seconds).
I'd like to receive comments, to see if everithing is working correctly on your system.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by balala on November 7th, 2016, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indigo-Glow

Re: Slideshow with Transitions

Post by Indigo-Glow »

Oh wow..

Transitions have been on my Slideshow To-Do list for a while, and I keep putting it off. Thanks tons for sharing this.
Indigo-Glow

Post by Indigo-Glow »

balala wrote:Image

This skin can display a slideshow of the images contained into a folder. It has 3 transition effects, choosed randomly (Fade, Stretch and Vertical Slide). The skin can open the just displayed image and it can be paused. It comes into 2 dimensions: fell free to use the buttons displayed when you goes with the mouse cursor over it.
Befor first use you must set the folder which contains the images. This can be done using the included SlideshowConfig.exe. Also,you may set the following variables:
- ChangeTime is the durration on which an image is displayed (in seconds)
- EffectDuration is the durration of transition (in seconds).
I'd like to receive comments, to see if everithing is working correctly on your system.
Hi again...so far I'm really impressed with this, but I do have a couple of questions, if I may....

Out of the box, the slideshow and wallpaper skins work as described. However, the transition affect seems to be only doing the fade version. In your instructions here you say it's a "random" choice. Regardless of what is actually happening, can I edit the code to pick one of the 3 effects? The below code suggests that is possible, but I am not sure WHICH part of the Measure to change...

Code: Select all

[MeasureRandomEffect]
Measure=Calc
Formula=( Random % 3 )
UpdateRandom=1
UpdateDivider=[MeasureChangeTime]
DynamicVariables=1
;Valid values: 0 for Fade; 1 for Stretch; 2 for Vertical Slide
Is the fancy code for the image refresh rate because of the transition code?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yes, it's very simple to use only one effect from the included 3: modify the Formula=( Random % 3 ) line with:
Formula=0 to use the Fade effect;
Formula=1 to use the Stretch effect;
Formula=2 to use the Vertical Slide effect.
Of course, first when I used only one effect (I started with the fade), the skin was much simple. Later I inserted two other effects and this complicated a bit the skin. I think this modification works well, it is simple to be done, and later in a very simple way the mult-effect can be used once again.
I hope I answered your question. If you have another, feel free to contact me again.